• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

eeeeuuughhh yuk ...

It's the hole it leaves:shock: My first abscess experience, I touched a lump & it burst. I wiped away the gunk & then rang the vet "there's a hole in my rabbit!".

Luckily he got seen straight away for pain relief, as it turned out quite nasty:oops:

:lol:eek:ur bun vet dealt with some on our rainbow bridge bunny, jessica..he used 2/3 earbuds and it was like mozzarrella cheese:shock:
sorry if you are eatting:oops:

I recall a vet I was working with having to deal with an abscess in a guinea pig. He checked his reference book and read 'the pus is thick like that of the rabbit' so he confidently lanced it- and it exploded all over his face.... :mrgreen:

This is exactly what Hurley has at the moment! Although we're lucky in that the pus is thinner than in most guinea pigs and bunnies. It smells pretty gross, too, and the vet told me that you have to be so careful when cleaning them because the gunk can be dangerous to people if it were to get into the body via a cut or something... :shock:

AMETHYST

Gosh that brings back memories of Samwise and Jess- horrible stuff, luckily my nose is always blocked so I can't say I've noticed a smell!:shock:

Back