• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Been to the vets today... myxi jab

.x.Rach.x.

Alpha Buck
Took Lottie for her 1st vaccination today... and she went CRAZY when the vet picked her up!! :shock: The vaccination didn't all go in her either, she had drips of it on her :/ I'm sure when Lewis had his, he had 2 injections aswell.

I asked how old does should be before spaying and he said it would be ok now (She's only 3 months or under:shock:) I thought it was approx 6 months! And he was like, shes about her fullsize now... I was thinking noway, she is sooo much smaller than Lewis and she's a Dwarf Lop, not a Mini.. somehow I got the impression he didn't really have a clue :shock:

likely he didnt. you should find another vet, also you need to ring up the vets that did the injection and ask how the 10% was administered by your vet at the time that way you will know if it was done correctly. i know some vets who do 10% in base of ear and then rest in scruff and some who do 10% in skin then push deeper into scruff for the rest both are acceptable as long as vet is competant you can ask to have the 10% redone (at no harm to your bunny) if they have not done it correctly. also so many vets have little to no knowledge of rabbit care, as teh yare classified as exotics, you can do a rabbit earlier than 6 months as it depends on weight but most reccomend 6 months as by then they have reached sexual maturity if she has showed no signs then i would leave her until 6 months. x

He said the majority of the vaccine had gone in and that it was fine. He said he couldn't check her back teeth because she wouldn't let him... is that acceptable? She did go absolutely nuts when he picked her up, she ran off:shock: I thought she was gonna end up on the floor!

He said the majority of the vaccine had gone in and that it was fine. He said he couldn't check her back teeth because she wouldn't let him... is that acceptable? She did go absolutely nuts when he picked her up, she ran off:shock: I thought she was gonna end up on the floor!

did they do it all on a table? mine used to until the stupid :censored: (sacked now) scared him by being rough and he almost jumped off the table (i am sure it would have broken his back:cry::cry:) i now request everything is done on the floor

did they do it all on a table? mine used to until the stupid :censored: (sacked now) scared him by being rough and he almost jumped off the table (i am sure it would have broken his back:cry::cry:) i now request everything is done on the floor

Yeah it was on the table, she was fine until he picked her up after weighing her. She was wriggling so much and jumped out of his arms onto the table at the side :shock: She looked absolutely terrified and was going nuts, wasn't nice to watch. Then he put jer back in the carrier to inject her (mine opens at the top).

(Lottie doesn't even let me pick her up high off the ground).

He was just so useless!

Back