• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits and fireworks-dilema!

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
Okay so I have 4 rabbits, 3 of them don't seem to mind the fireworks, but 1 is acting really different.

I went out to feed them yesturday, late evening time, as I always do, after some fireworks had gone off, and the 3 of them were fine lying around just chilling, but the youngest Albert the Lionhead was thumping around, running up and down the length of his hutch, and being stroppy and generally not being himself normally he is soo calm and gental, but he was really like freaked out.

Now the big question! I do not have the room to bring him in perminetly, should i risk bringing him in for afew hours, in the evening whilst the fireworks go off, and putting him back out when they stop? or would he get used to the heat of the house?

It depends whether bringing him in would stress him out more. Especially cos really you woul;d be better keeping him witrh whoever he is bonded with.

If you decide to, how about a cooler room?

My buns are out for first time this year. They seem to be coping well, bar the wildie, but she's better snuggled up with her mates I think - the house would terrify her

I'm bringing my two in on Friday night but just not putting the heating on in the room they'll be in - hopefully they'll be ok for the one night.

Would you bring them all in or just Albert?? Just thinking about them being separated and Albert arriving back outside smelling different?!?!

I'm bringing both my pairs in, as the noise last Saturday was horrendous as they were going off over our house. Even the normally chillaxed T & P were not impressed. They are all used to the house so will be fine. I'll leave the heating off then put them back out when I go to bed and the noise has stopped. It's still supposed to be quite mild over the weekend, so it should be ok.

All mine are not bonded yet, im saving up to have enough money to get them neuted and a bigger hutch, i just dont want to bring him in and have in get used to the heat! x

My rabbit ShyBoy used to get really freaked out by fireworks and did exactly the same as you have described. I always left him outside as thats where he was most chilled, but gave him either Rescue Remedy in his water, or Serene Um for rabbits. I have to say he's got much much better as he's got older.

Back