• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oscar is poorly - post VHD(Hopper Haven bun)- HE'S HOME :-)

BB Mommy

Warren Veteran
Oscar is one of my long term foster buns that had to have his VHD jab 2 weeks ago because of the outbreak at Hopper Haven.

We are now starting to see the fall-out from all those compromised bunnies having their VHD jabs, as several are starting to show signs of falling ill, and several are off to the vets today:cry:.

Poor Oscar looked snotty last night, and this morning he is sneezing his head off. Sea, his partner, is helping to keep him clean (I'm watching her washing his face for him through the window)

I have to take Oscar back to Hopper today so Lou can get him started on medication, and he'll have to stay there so Lou can monitor him, and get him seen by the vet asap. I'm going to miss having Oscar here so much:cry::cry::cry: We can't lose this special little man:cry::cry::cry:

If you have any more vibes to spare please send them for Oscar and his Hopper buddies.
Oscar had such a terrible life pre-Hopper Haven, and he took a good 12 months to turn him round. He has lived here with me for the past 12 months and has come on leaps and bounds.
I'm going to miss his honking in the morning:cry:

Last edited:
Lots of vibes for Oscar and friends from this direction. :wave: Hope the meds help him. Is Sea going with him to help with the nose-cleaning?

Yes Sea is going with him too.

Unfortunately the last time she went back (for 4 days whilst I was on holiday) she went into a major grump and refused to eat.

I know Lou will give them the best care though. I just wish I could keep them here:cry:

I really hope he can pick up and turn himself around. Poor bunnies, you and also obviously Louise too. Nothing like a simple life!

Sending millions of vibes. I hope Oscar and the others can survive this especially that they now have a good safe life.

Sending lots of get well vibes for Oscar....poor little man :(

You and Louise and the rest of the HH folks must be so strong to deal with such an awful situation. My thoughts are with you all xx

Lots of vibes for Oscar, such a sad situation for you all to cope with
Lots of hugs for you, Louise and the rest of the HH crew xx

Lots of vibes for Oscar, such a sweet photo of him in your sig. Really hope he can get better. Thinking of you and everyone at Hopper Haven, millions of vibes and hugs for you all.x

Thank you for all your vibes. He must have heard them cos he's back home:D:D:D

He's on Endromycin, metacam and zantac, but the vet remembered him from when he first came to us with the great big growth over half his face, and she was amazed at how well he has done.

He's snuffly, but it's in his nose, not his chest, his ears were full of puss and he's been a bit quieter than usual, but Lou has started him on his meds, given his ears a gentle clean, and let him come home:D:D:D.

So p-leased he's bach with you. :D Having been keeping an eye out for updates. Hope the meds help him.

The engemycin would have a better chance of helping him if you hadn't left it here:roll::lol::lol:

Methinks I'll be seeing you tomorrow:oops::oops:

The vet was really pleased with Oscar, and he was his usual self while here. Wanting fuss and food, no loyalty to Caroline:oops:.

Hopefully the weather brought that on rather than the vaccine, I know he is in good hands and any further problem will get spotted.

It is Cherry I'm worried about, he is not his usual self at all, wouldn't eat last night:( He has never had a health issue before and I've had him for 5 years. Normally I don't vaccinate at his age:?

And Poppet and Cirrus can hardly breathe:(:( The vet was very very worried about Poppet last night. She gave me some Corvental to try and is researching alternative antibiotics.

And poor Phoenix can't have long left, but she is trying to carry on. I put them back out in their shed tonight and she had a good run aorund the run and ate lots of leaves.

And Parsley is nowing snorting, previously healthy.

I'm not implying that vaccination causes snuffles or other particular illness, but that if something is lurking, after vaccination is when it comes out as the immune system is stressed.

Oh that must be so incredibly worrying and stressful :( Such good news about Oscar - I hope he has a quick recovery, but lots of vibes for poorly Poppet, Cirrus, Pheonix, Cherry and Parsley. Thinking of you all xxx

Back