• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue doggy!!

BattleKat

Wise Old Thumper
We're officially fostering until we've tested him with all the animals and seen if my allergies settle down but he is so staying here forever :love:
He's a staffy X and quite big.
absolutely beautiful and currently called pup. But we're thinking of naming him leon (after the hit man) or logan (after wolverine):love:

namelessdog2.jpg

namelessdog1.jpg

if your allergies flare up ill have him:shock::love:
hes gorgeous:love::love:
how can anyone give up a face like that:cry::love:

he's incredibly thin and very wary of men so it looks like he was quite badly abused :(

My mum's already claimed him if I don't keep him :lol:
The allergies are looking pretty bad at the moment but I'm hoping they'll settle (they usually do), I've only had him a few hours and already don't want to give him back!:love:

He is absolutely gorgeous:love:
Well done for not only considering a rescue dog but a staffie x at that:D
He looks a Jake or a Morgan to me..but also like Logan:D

He is stunning! Wonder what he is crossed with as he is very leggy and his face markings are :love: anyone got any guesses??? :D

HE IS STUNNING :love::love::love::love:

He looks like a mixed bag, but I am guessing there's collie in him somewhere along with the staff. Well done for considering a rescue dog :love::love::love:

took him out with me to feed the animals this morning and it wasn't a great result. He was very very interested in them, wagging his tail the whole time and in the 'pounce' position. Then he tried to get in to their run (which he could have done if he wasn't on the lead - he's quite big!

getting him some squeaky toys and things today so will have something to distract him with.

Aw he's gorgeous :love:

Well done for taking on a staffy X

I habituated my doggie around the rabbits (he was about 7 years old at the time and a typical terrier) by letting the rabbits out into the garden, and making him sit out there on the lead with me. Over time he stopped lunging at them if they came close, and eventually he could be trusted off-lead whilst the rabbits were free-ranging. It just takes time.

Don't worry too much about his first reaction..he is young and ,, form his pic, un neutered..so he will be full of bounce..get him neutered and give him a chance to settle..once the newness of the animals has worn off he may well ignore them:D

Don't worry too much about his first reaction..he is young and ,, form his pic, un neutered..so he will be full of bounce..get him neutered and give him a chance to settle..once the newness of the animals has worn off he may well ignore them:D
haha, very observant! He's booked in to be done on Friday (the rescue let me have him early because he was doing so badly in kennels).

Thanks for the advice :)

Hes cute:love: how old is he? Id say he looks more bull terrier x than staffie Infact he looks like he could be bull terrier x collie

Hes cute:love: how old is he? Id say he looks more bull terrier x than staffie Infact he looks like he could be bull terrier x collie

They think he's 2-3.
They're not 100% sure on breed as he's a stray but they guessed staff x whippet or collie. His eyebrows and lips are very staffy and he's getting quite licky now that he's used to me :p I'm not very familiar will bull terriers though so I wouldn't really know what to look for.

I feel so bad for leaving him to work today, I'm not sure how he'll cope because he's got very attached to me since I bought him home.

I like Riley! :love:
And he is a really stunning dog! How lucky (I hope the allergies are ok now too) :wave:

Back