• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you use for bunny beds?

pooks

Warren Scout
My bunnies live in a shed/run. The shed is 4x4ft and has a shelf across the back and a catflap under the shelf (floor level). I have a litter tray in there and they always pee in it but they are not the best litter trained bunnies cos they poop all over the floor!

With this cold weather i have been providing a cardboard box, big enough for both of them, filled with hay to keep warm. A day or two later it is filled with poo! My first two bunnies were house buns and would never dream of pooing anywhere but the tray, these two are rubbish! They used to be house buns but moved them outside so they had more space. Their lack of litter training was evident in the house although not quite so bad.

How can i overcome this problem and also, what 'beds' do people use for their bunnies? Or will they just poo everywhere? Was thinking of getting one of those plastic dog beds or a big deep litter tray?

Mine are in a kennel/run..in the kennel area there are two additional levels...OH has just prepared them a 'bed' area built in ready for winter, I've now added the straw..they do go in a night as it's all trampled on but mainy they're in the run area all nice and dry..:D

3 of my bunnies have run of the 7x5ft shed and for sleeping area there is a 3 foot hutch full of hay. Also on top of Blossom's hutch (she doesn't have run of the shed) there is a towel which they like to snuggle down on. :love:

Think the confusion there might be because if there is hay in their litter tray where they know they are supposed to 'go', then hay suddenly in another container...its sort of mixed signals, if that makes sense? :wave: I have hay in litter trays only then a plastic dog bed each filled with straw. If I put hay in there or their cardboard boxes, they'd definately use it as a litter tray!! :)

Back