• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Heartbreaking to watch :o(

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
As I posted on the Health section earlier, I think my bun Olly has EC, and now Honey is really fretting because she knows there's something wrong with him :( she keeps nudging him to get up but he just wants to sit there, and she jumps out of the cage and then runs back to Olly and looks at me, as if to say 'he's not well mummy, do something!' It's awful, my eyes are filling up watching her :( 2nd dose of panacur coming up tonight. :(

its been horrible seeing Sebastian look at me so helplessly while Mae's been ill, he wont eat much unless he knows she's asleep or having her meds. It's ike it doesnt want to rub it in :love: he's the perfect husbun

Minnie, has the vet said he thinks its EC. What other medication has he been given?

What symptoms does he have?

Mine are brother and sister but they love each other so much :love: Honey's always nudging Olly to groom her when he's having a wash, and he always obliges :love: she doesn't normally do it in return but she is now he's ill :(

Hi Raine, no the vet said it's too early to tell but it just looks so much like the start of when Minnie had EC :( having said that, Olly's been slightly better today than he was last night, he's eating a bit of hay and drinking from a bowl but not eating his pellets. Honey seems to be going downhill aswell, maybe with the stress of worrying about Olly :(

He's very off balance, swaying when he moves and falls over sometimes. But at other times he moves better and doesn't seem as bad. There is also a very slight tilt that seems to come and go a bit. He is on panacur rabbit and baytril at the moment, thats all. :(

Back