• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

She's Here! a ickle bit of help please?

PixieRabbit

Mama Doe
Luna's home. I'm so excited, I've just gave her a worming tablet and some noms. She absaloutly adores me, and whelps if I walk away. I could certainly spend the rest of my life with this lil' sweetheart. She's so well behaved and once I showed her where the back door was she keeps going back to ask for toilet. :love:

I've got her onto the James Wellbeloved food as I've heard thats one of the top kind for german shepards. I was wondering what's best, wet food or dry food or a mix of both?

Two of ours are on the BARF diet and 2 on Autarky dry food. We soak all the dry food with water as GSD's are prone to torsions and it's one of the things that is supposed to help prevent it.

*pics* ;)

Last edited:
Two of ours are on the BARF diet and 2 on Autarky dry food. We soak all the dry food with water as GSD's are prone to torsions and it's one of the things that is supposed to help prevent it.

*pics* ;)

Sorry can you send me links explaining both of those diets :oops:

Haha I will be posting pictures soon x

Here's the RAW diet
http://www.rawmeatybones.com/

Autaky is just a make of dry food usually we pour on hot water just to cover the layer of food, it allows the food to swell so it doesn't swell up in the dogs stomach. A torsion is when the gut twists, it can be fatal if not treated by surgery imediately. It's somethings GSD's are prone too, so we do everything to try to prevent it happening.

What food was she fed on with her breeder....she will need to be weaned over if it wasnt James Wellbeloved or she might get a runny bum.
Ive heard its a great food and would stick with dry food with water on it or she will be drinking all the time and wiping her wet chops everywhere! LOL :)

Start soon with leaving her in a room and walking out for afew mins and then coming back in and build up the time. Sounds awful but it will teach her that you are always going to return.... for when you need to start leaving her for longer periods. Once she knows you will always return she will feel much more relaxed when you walk away or need to leave her in the house to go shopping etc.

I cant wait to see more piccies...its 4 more sleeps until I get my new boy! Eeek! xxx

Thanks she was on bakers complete puppy food I've mixed some in with the wet pouch of James wellbeloved I got. She's such a hungry mare :roll: :lol:

Thanks I'll ensure I always swell it before she eats :)

Aww what are you getting?

make sure she is fed a small amount 4 times a day, everyone varies and does things differently but we have always fed puppies 4 times a day, and they always had scrambled egg on their soaked biscuits for breakfast.

make sure she is fed a small amount 4 times a day, everyone varies and does things differently but we have always fed puppies 4 times a day, and they always had scrambled egg on their soaked biscuits for breakfast.

:lol: Scrambled egg is the only food my OH can cook! :roll: I'll give her some tomorrow see how she likes it as I quite fancy it for my breakie now thank you.

Luna's home. I'm so excited, I've just gave her a worming tablet and some noms. She absaloutly adores me, and whelps if I walk away. I could certainly spend the rest of my life with this lil' sweetheart. She's so well behaved and once I showed her where the back door was she keeps going back to ask for toilet. :love:

I've got her onto the James Wellbeloved food as I've heard thats one of the top kind for german shepards. I was wondering what's best, wet food or dry food or a mix of both?

If she'll eat it James Wellbeloved dry is the best thing, in my opinion you could give her. Chester (mini dachshund) has been on it from about a year old and he's 14 and a half now - it's great because it's easy on their stomachs and the dogs seem to love it! Have there been pics yet? Did I miss them??

Edited - just read about what GSD's are prone to - so maybe best you swell it up first. :oops:

Last edited:
If she'll eat it James Wellbeloved dry is the best thing, in my opinion you could give her. Chester (mini dachshund) has been on it from about a year old and he's 14 and a half now - it's great because it's easy on their stomachs and the dogs seem to love it! Have there been pics yet? Did I miss them??

I'll buy a big bag of dry tomorrow :)

Aww lovely, any pics of Chester? I did post puppy pics but the thread got really out of hand because of one or two individuals having a rant about puppy farms.

I'll buy a big bag of dry tomorrow :)

Aww lovely, any pics of Chester? I did post puppy pics but the thread got really out of hand because of one or two individuals having a rant about puppy farms.

Lets see if i can get into photobucket.... not in my own house.

Yep! Here's my wee bubba!! He was sick a lot as a puppy and a really picky eater until we put him on James Wellbeloved. Never looked back since. (He also can't eat chicken :roll:) Just to make it interesting for him I buy the packets of James Wellbeloved meat and stir in about a quarter of a pack - but it's not necessary - Chester's just spoilt - you could end up making a rod for your own back if you start that as the pup might decide never to like just the plain stuff in the hope of getting something nice stirred in!!
DSC01105.jpg

Awww, can't wait to see pics of her :)

Our pup (border collie) has been on James Wellbeloved ever since we got him home. We put a lot of water in with it, partly because he didn't drink much when we got him home, and partly because he just wolfs it down dry, at least the water slows him down a bit!! We even use the pellets as his 'treats' to clicker train him, he loves them so much.

Good luck with Luna :love:

Awww, can't wait to see pics of her :)

Our pup (border collie) has been on James Wellbeloved ever since we got him home. We put a lot of water in with it, partly because he didn't drink much when we got him home, and partly because he just wolfs it down dry, at least the water slows him down a bit!! We even use the pellets as his 'treats' to clicker train him, he loves them so much.

Good luck with Luna :love:

Piccies please! ;) (I LOVE Border Collies!!! :love:)

Well i know i would love to see pics of Luna - and i'm sure plenty of others would too! Cmon - post your pics ;)

Back