• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those with pet shop buns...Genders

Have you had a bunny be wrongly sexed?

• Yes

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • No

Votes: 42 73.7%

• Total voters

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
This is not to start an anti pet shop thread, I'm just wondering.
Charlie was bought as a girl. I've read a lot of other threads saying their bunnys gender was wrong, so wondering how many pet shop buns actually get wrongly sexed :wave:

So... have you had mis-sexed pet shop buns?

Sebastian was old stock from p@h, he was advertised as brad and they were right he was male but I got him checked over anyway :wave:

We had opposite to the above :)

Stripe & Smokey were 2 girls, We took the to the vets (as Smokey was ill as a baby) to discover we actually had 1 of each

Last edited:
My boys were both pet shop buns, both sexed as boys, both boys. So yes in my experience they did get it right.

I had 2 pet shop bunnies many years ago, both boys and correctly sexed.... but it was very obvious they were both boys if you get my drift. :oops: :lol::lol:

In the pet shop I took Maia from, rabbits were separated by gender (but lived with guineas :censored:) and there also were neutered males available.
Maia had been sexed correctly as female and I was given a care leaflet (which I could never review as it was in German, but they promoted Bunny food, which is good).
What they didn't tell me is what a little madam she would be! ;)

My boys were from P@H, both correctly sexed. They showed me the bun's boy bits so I could see for myself! The rabbits there were also seperated by gender.

No, she was definitely a she....and the most troublesome bun we've ever had :evil: :lol: :love:

My 2 boys were both pets at home bunnies
Trev was correctly sexed as male
Bailey was brought home as a girl but turns out he was a boy.

Misty i was told was a girl (he was sexed by an experienced breeder aswell!) and Misty stayed a she until i noticed a pair of you know whats 4 months later :oops:

Crystals litter 5 years ago were sexed wrong one baby which i called Flopsy was sexed a girl by the vet what a surprise i got got when Flopsy tried to mate with his mum :shock: (luckily crystal was speyed at this point!) and another of Crystals babies was sexed a boy by my animal technician at college and turned out to be a girl lol

males and females were separated in to different sections in the pet shop I got lola and rambo from. They were both sexed as girls and both are girls :)

Back