• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

*Diet finished!* Sponsored diet for the Rabbit Residence Rescue!

Bink

Mama Doe
Dear all,

After hearing about the plight of the Rabbit Residence in Gt Chishall, I decided that I needed to do something about it.

From Monday 8th November - Tuesday 4th January (that's right, over Christmas!) I will be looking to lose weight and get healthy in order to raise money for Caroline and the 100+ bunnies in her care.

I am collecting sponsors from work, friends and family and if anyone on here would like to sponsor me you can make your sponsor donation via Lib_n_bunnys Rabbit Residence paypal account @ lib_n_bunny@live.co.uk
Please add the reference 'diet' to the payment.

Some people are just giving a straightforward donation, and others are sponsoring an amount per lb lost (e.g £1 per lb lost with an upper limit of £10 just in case I do better than expected!!!)

I will do an official weigh in on Monday morning and post a picture on here every week to keep you up to date on my progress.

Total raised to date: £147.00
Weight lost to date: 10lbs!

RU Contributors - thanks for your support:

Bunnybunny
Lib n bunny
Debster

Will post more details when I have them :)

Steph xx

Last edited:
UPDATE: Things are looking good for sponsorship, I have had 3 out and out donations amounting to £20 which is a great started to the fundraiser!

10 colleagues have offered to sponsor me £1 for every pound lost.
My Dad is doing £2 for every pound lost (do you think he's trying to tell me something?!) and I'm hoping to round up a few more people today.

I've been trying to get my brain and body in the mood for exercise and diet, as I have tried and failed in the past - now I feel I have something I can really work for!

I will sponsor you £1 per pound lost :wave: I think you're very brave doing this over Christmas!

Thank you :wave: that's very kind.

I know, tell me about it, all that yummy Christmas food... I'll just have to think of the bunnies to get me through :)

Today I begin my fundraising quest! I got up at 5.30am to go to the gym (ouch) and weighed myself once I got to work.

I weigh a whopping 14.5st :shock: which looks pretty bad on my 5'4'' frame, and is also much heavier than I thought. HOWEVER, this is not a low self esteem thread - it has given me something to work for!

I have now raised £30 in outright donations, so even if I don't lose a pound, I've got something to give :)

:wave:Right because you got out of bed and went to the gym you get a tenner as a donation from us!!!! :D I think what you are doing is amazing and wish you all the very best and I'll keep an eye on this thread and as you make mile stones will be donating more on the way.
YOU GO GAL!!! Remember when it gets really hard, its for the bunnies.
bunnybunny

:wave:Right because you got out of bed and went to the gym you get a tenner as a donation from us!!!! :D I think what you are doing is amazing and wish you all the very best and I'll keep an eye on this thread and as you make mile stones will be donating more on the way.
YOU GO GAL!!! Remember when it gets really hard, its for the bunnies.
bunnybunny

Payment received from bunnybunny, thank you!

I think this is a great idea! In addition to per lb etc. You could set your own targets, and let us know when you reach them, and people could give one off donations as and when?

Or,e.g. sponsor £5 for every 5 pound lost, or £2 for every week you go to the gym 4+ times?

Good luck hun, thanks for doing this, and keep us posted!

Last edited:
Thank you so much bunnybunny! That's so generous!

xx

Just had a celery, cucumber and tomato salad with ryvita on the side... it's going to be a tough few months!

You're right Libby, I'll have a think about some achievable targets for potential sponsorship! xx

Day 2:

Things are going well I think. I got my 8 hours last night and haven't felt too famished yet today.

Let me tell you about my office. We are a plant breeding company (non GM) that specializes in wheat. Therefore we often have biscuit and bread samples lying around, but more often than not, people buy cakes just for the hell of it.

Today there are malted milk biscuits and eccles cakes directly in front of me. I am resisting. It is an hour until lunch time, and I think I can make it.

My worst time for binging is when I get back from work. I sit down in front of the fridge and scoff scoff scoff. Anything I can find. It would probably be pretty sickening to be a fly on the wall when I get home :oops:

I did have a wholemeal pitta with reduced fat homous when I got in yesterday, but that is an improvement for me. Then I went and snuggled the bunnies as a reminder of why I am doing this - not all bunnies are fortunate enough to have a forever home.

Onwards and upwards!

So it's Day 4. I am very tired.

I got up at 5.30 yesterday and went to the gym, and having done that on Monday as well it seems to be taking its toll on my sleep zzzzzzz. Am on my third coffee this morning in an attempt to stay awake at my desk.

It still doesn't feel too difficult as yet. I will weigh in again tomorrow to see if there's any difference. I did see an advert for lots of yummy Xmas chocolate on the TV last night.... mmmmm chocolate :shock: but alas. I shall look forward to my soup for lunch and all will be fine :wave:

So it's Day 4. I am very tired.

I got up at 5.30 yesterday and went to the gym, and having done that on Monday as well it seems to be taking its toll on my sleep zzzzzzz. Am on my third coffee this morning in an attempt to stay awake at my desk.

It still doesn't feel too difficult as yet. I will weigh in again tomorrow to see if there's any difference. I did see an advert for lots of yummy Xmas chocolate on the TV last night.... mmmmm chocolate :shock: but alas. I shall look forward to my soup for lunch and all will be fine :wave:

:wave: don't update/weigh yourself too often hun, it can get disheartening, give yourself a chance :D

Day 9

I have lost 7 pounds :)

This means £77 from my sponsors at work (provided I can keep the weight off until January!!)

I have lost 7 pounds :)

This means £77 from my sponsors at work (provided I can keep the weight off until January!!)

This is an awesome cause and you're doing brilliantly. :D

Please, please make sure you're doing this healthily though. Don't put yourself at risk by trying to raise money. Half a stone is a lot to lose in such a short amount of time.

well done iam on a diet so i no how hard it can be esp with yummy food around
good luck :)

Thanks guys! Your support is really important to me :love:

To reassure you, this is what I am doing:

Breakfast (every day without fail - something I never used to do!) is either wholegrain wheats with unsweetened soya milk or porridge.

Then a small snack around 10.30 - usually fruit

Lunch I've been having soup since the weather got cold! I've not been having bread with it though.

Another snack in the pm - a different fruit or a couple of Ryvita with cottage cheese

A sensible dinner with portion control, eaten slowly!

In terms of exercise I am doing 40 mins exercise when I go to the gym, though I only managed 2 trips last week and 1 so far this week.

Again, it really means a lot to me that you are supporting me. I know that you all care about the animals as much as I do, and are behind me 100% :)

WELL DONE!!

Sounds like your food intake is quite sensible - maybe I should give it a go!

When you get a chocolate craving could you have a sachet of hot chocolate drink - like the Cadbury's Highlights one? That's what I do sometimes :)

WELL DONE!!

Sounds like your food intake is quite sensible - maybe I should give it a go!

When you get a chocolate craving could you have a sachet of hot chocolate drink - like the Cadbury's Highlights one? That's what I do sometimes :)

I'm having a tough day at work, so really fancied a chocolate fix. I had Aero instant chocolate (97 calories which I think isn't too bad) and it hit the spot nicely! :)

:wave:Way to go Bink, very impressive to date. You need to update your front page money total, you are going to make a lot of bunnies very hoppy!!!
bunnybunny

Back