• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am i doing the right thing re Dolly?

I found Dolly at breakfast time with quite a wet nose, theres no major discharge but its wetter than it has been in the past. She doesnt seem to be having problems with her breathing and theres no worrying sounds coming from her chest. I also checked her front legs to see if she was wiping her nose with them. Nothing.

So ive decided to keep an eye on her over the next day or 2 rather than take her to the vets. Is this the right thing to do? She seems fine in herself.

I feel really guilty, i wont forgive myself if she has snuffles or some kind of infection. Ive been quite ill myself reecently and i have to admit, i havent been caring for them aswell as usual :oops::( They get me through when im struggling, the least i can do is care for them properly! I dont deserve such loving bunnies, its not fair when i cant take care of them. :(

ETA: I took Dolly for a check up last month as she was drinking a lot more water than usual, this couldnt be related, could it? I cant think of anything else.

Last edited:
Can anyone give me some advice? Or tell me if i should see a vet sooner rather than later? I have a hospital appointment 2 hours away in Leeds at 3pm so if i need to take her, it needs to be asap.

is it actually snot and not just wet from drinking??

i had a huge panic thinking Holly was dribbling once when it was actually the way she drank water :oops:

Back