• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

A Poo Question!

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Ginger has been an awesome hay eater since i've known her, she must eat twice as much as Biscuit, even though he eats even better since she's been here too.

I have a question though!

Are these good poops?

poop.jpg

The picture doesn't really show them that well, but they are literally golden, not far from the colour of her coat :shock:

They are very crumbly also.

Is this all good?

Thanks for any input anyone can give me!

Gray :wave:

Gray hun they are text book poops :shock::D Gorgeous golden poops to put all other poops to shame :D:D:lol:

Awesome, thanks guys, well, gals :)

Just gotta work on getting Biccy's better now!

They have been getting more and more golden in colour over the last few days, since they had Oxbox Fresh Forage hay compared to their normal meadow hay, so i'm guessing thats very much a contributing factor?

I can't afford to keep buying that though @ £3.50 per small bag :shock: which is a shame as they really really seem to like it and its obviously doing their guts some good. I would get through about 15 bags a month! :(

Awesome, thanks guys, well, gals :)

Just gotta work on getting Biccy's better now!

They have been getting more and more golden in colour over the last few days, since they had Oxbox Fresh Forage hay compared to their normal meadow hay, so i'm guessing thats very much a contributing factor?

I can't afford to keep buying that though @ £3.50 per small bag :shock: which is a shame as they really really seem to like it and its obviously doing their guts some good. I would get through about 15 bags a month! :(

Can you mix the posh hay in with the less expensive stuff? I find that other "natural" things help re. poos too. i.e. bramble & hawthorn leaves, rose petals, plantain, dandelions, apple leaves etc :) Sprinkled on top of the hay seems to go down well too ;)

Different hays can definitely make their poo look different. I have found greener hays make their poo darker (more like if they are eating grass), but its still all fine and healthy.

Also, different bunnies will produce poos of different sizes so that may be Biccy's optimum poo. I have two who are roughly the same size, yet the smaller one produces poo twice the size of the other, and the smaller one is the dental bunn. Just get to know Biccy's poo and what is normal for him and don't stress too much.

My Little Prince's poop looks like that..When i first took Mocha, her poop looks dark..really dark..and just tonight, it looks smaller than its size and dark and a little bit moist..is there something wrong with Mocha?

The dark one is MOcha...

IMG_0951-1.gif

love the fact we can talk about poo on this forum without batting an eyelid :lol:

good golden poos, i find fresh willow makes them gold too

My Little Prince's poop looks like that..When i first took Mocha, her poop looks dark..really dark..and just tonight, it looks smaller than its size and dark and a little bit moist..is there something wrong with Mocha?

The dark one is MOcha...

IMG_0951-1.gif

May be best to start a thread in Health as you will get more responses.

A change in poop is always something that needs to be addressed.
If they are getting smaller it can indicate a gut slowdown which can lead to statis.
Is she eating and drinking her normal amounts?

May be best to start a thread in Health as you will get more responses.

A change in poop is always something that needs to be addressed.
If they are getting smaller it can indicate a gut slowdown which can lead to statis.
Is she eating and drinking her normal amounts?

I was actually typing my post a while ago, but I had second thoughts., guess i should observe first..But yeah i think i must start a thread for this..thanks..:)

question

After reading this i didnt want to start another thread, as my question is about poops too, i hope this isnt a problem :)

First though. Gray, these are BEAUTIFUL poops!! :lol:

My question: Marley's poops have gone rather small, and im not a happy bunny. His diet hasnt changed although he has become a house bun over the last week. I *think* he is still eating hay, but they both look so similar that its hard to tell whos in the litter tray without getting close. He is eating his pellets though and ate his veggies last night.

His poos have been small, some have been a little wet and sticky, there have been one or 2 tear drop shaped ones too

Heres a picture of the ones i hadnt cleaned up:
18112010466.jpg

Ill keep an eye on him, make sure hes drinking, but should i cut out the veg tonight and just feed hay?

How about in the morning? pellets or no pellets?

Thanks in advance. x

ETA: I have seen him eating hay but why the small poos?

I don't think I'd worry too much about the size, the size can vary from day to day anyway. The consistency/composition looks good which is the main thing (IMO). The change from being outdoor to indoor may have affected things, who knows what the temperature may do to a buns poo :shock: :lol: So long as he's eating plenty of hay and has a good mix of pellets & veg plus plenty of exercise he should be fine :D Keep an eye on things of course and if they become wet/sticky or smelly then something may be amiss :?

how squeezable are they? size dont fuss me usually its the hard as rock poops that dont ooze fibre that scare the hell outta me.

how squeezable are they? size dont fuss me usually its the hard as rock poops that dont ooze fibre that scare the hell outta me.

You want me to squish one!? :shock::shock: :lol:

ewwww.....

Actually that wasnt so bad! :lol: I squished Dolly too so i can compare. The composition is pretty much the same. But there has been a few wet/sticky ones. I was always led to believe small poos are not good?

"poops that dont ooze fibre" :lol: your buns must have some strange poo if fibre oozes! personally, id say it flakes! ;) but that made me giggle

ewwww.....

Actually that wasnt so bad! :lol: I squished Dolly too so i can compare. The composition is pretty much the same. But there has been a few wet/sticky ones. I was always led to believe small poos are not good?

"poops that dont ooze fibre" :lol: your buns must have some strange poo if fibre oozes! personally, id say it flakes! ;) but that made me giggle

Yup - that's just how they should be ;):D

im a stasis bunny mummy.. i live to squeeze bunny poop and if it flakes its oozing fibre :lol: :lol:

when its tiny very dark and don't break apart like little rocks thats when i panic.

ewwww.....

Back