• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

some vibes for suzy B and her poor emily!

beccimarie

Mama Doe
Thought i would make a thread for suzy B, her bunny emily has dental issues, suzy B has been PMing me through this week as losing her other bun recently and having a bun who is poorly is hard, i advised she went back to the vets, unfortunatly there are no rabbit vets in her area which means she has to go to a standard practise, just wanted to send some vibes for emily today for her check up at the vets and hope they find somthing, as we all know how nerve wrecking these times can be! :wave:

hello just to keep you all updated emily is back from the vets :D instead of typing it all i will just paste what has happened :lol:

hi Becci thanks for the vibes, We are back now from the vets. The vet did not see any spurs he said the eyes give off a milky discharge if it's teeth. I was so relieved. He said to have a proper look you need to knock the rabbit out? but he had a good look in her mouth with the special tool. She does have wax in her ears but no sign of infection and i was told not to use the canoral as she will get used to it. she has cysts under her eye lids that look bigger than last time. the vet said they are blocked tear ducts and if squeezed would probably have a milky discharge but it's not worth knocking her out. He gave me some fucithalmic which he said he always used for eyes and is very good. So at least I have had some good news. I read in my rabbiting on the grooved front teeth are a sign of tooth decay and Emily has the grooves but the vet said he had never heard of that.

Back