• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

really peculiar behaviour! - what are they doing?

Candiflare

Mama Doe
Rosie only does this with the boys... she waits until they go to the waterbottle and start to drink then she puts her head underneath their moving mouth so their mouth is literally going up and down on her head like this ---> :lol: then she sticks her nose up so her head is elevated up and opens her mouth and she looks like she's in ecstasy! Then.. after about 10 seconds they swap and Rosie starts drinking and Buzz or Ralph go underneath her in the same way!

Obviously there is a grooming aspect in it, but it also seems to incorporate water and turn taking and something a bit more unusual!

Grace keeps doing this to charlie, when he goes to eat or drink she puts her head under his chin :lol: she does it to the cat too when he is eating, i think she's wanting a nose rub. xxx

My doe does it to my buck when he is grooming himself - she sticks her nose under his moving mouth. I believe it is just attantion seeking and she wants to be groomed but more often than not he ignores her :cry:

bisc and matt used to do this aswell. they have bowls now and still do it! and one will drink then immediately groom the others head. :love:

My doe does it to my buck when he is grooming himself - she sticks her nose under his moving mouth. I believe it is just attantion seeking and she wants to be groomed but more often than not he ignores her :cry:

Thats what charlie does to grace, ignores her :roll: xxx

Back