• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fostering...

abi2047

Mama Doe
How do I go about fostering a bun? Is their an age restriction? Do they come to your home to check your set-up? What happens when you request to foster a bun? Do they home check? Any information will be grateful :D xx

I don't think you would find anyone in this area looking for a foster owner. When we have had them apply to the RSPCA we would do a home check and thoroughly check their knowledge and what they wanted to do. Their set up would have to equal the requirements me ask for (unless there was a specific reason for the rabbit to be in smaller accom.). The foster owner has to be 18 and also able to get to their vets.

When I fostered for Kris it was pretty different from what I think both of us had had before in terms of rescue and foster carer, but that was an extreme situation where Kris was desperate for help (because my accom. was too small, and also I lived a long way away from her vets).

I don't think you would find anyone in this area looking for a foster owner. When we have had them apply to the RSPCA we would do a home check and thoroughly check their knowledge and what they wanted to do. Their set up would have to equal the requirements me ask for (unless there was a specific reason for the rabbit to be in smaller accom.). The foster owner has to be 18 and also able to get to their vets.

When I fostered for Kris it was pretty different from what I think both of us had had before in terms of rescue and foster carer, but that was an extreme situation where Kris was desperate for help (because my accom. was too small, and also I lived a long way away from her vets).

Looks like I wont be fostering a bun then :(

Back