• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

poorly rabbit

Hi im here again for some helpfull advise please. My rabbit at the moment has been off her food for 3 days. Yesturday she seemed her lively self but today she is very withdrawn and she is hopping around as though she is stressed( from one side of her hutch to the other). Today she hasnt poo'd at all only very very tiny little bits, she is drinking water but not weeing as much as she generally does. Although i went to try and entise her with some of her yogurt drops and she nearly snuffled my hand away. Please help any advise welcome, i am very concerned but not wanting to take her to the vet straight away as she has been off her food before (but has been pooing) and come round after a few days. Sorry to drag the tread on.

If she's not pooing she really needs to see a vet ASAP. Phone your vet, they will have an answerphone message with an emergency vet number on it.

You need to take her to the vet straight away.

If she is not eating or pooing she needs urgent vet attention.

Hi Guys thanks for all the advise, i took lilly to the vets they gave her an injection of something that will kick start her bowels again and a injection of vitamin C. just got to keep a eye on her for next few days if no improvement then take her back. She seems a little brighter and has been nibbling on her hay so fingers crossed.

:wave:

glad she seems brighter, did vets check her teeth and do gneral check over too sometimes bunnys go off thier food due to dental problems, glad she has perked up x

I hope your bun is ok, my charlie was hospitalised last week due to not eating, they wouldnt let him home till he had eaten and pooed, hope your bun is pooing now. xxx

Back