PDA

View Full Version : poorly rabbit

lillydwarflop
01-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Hi im here again for some helpfull advise please. My rabbit at the moment has been off her food for 3 days. Yesturday she seemed her lively self but today she is very withdrawn and she is hopping around as though she is stressed( from one side of her hutch to the other). Today she hasnt poo'd at all only very very tiny little bits, she is drinking water but not weeing as much as she generally does. Although i went to try and entise her with some of her yogurt drops and she nearly snuffled my hand away. Please help any advise welcome, i am very concerned but not wanting to take her to the vet straight away as she has been off her food before (but has been pooing) and come round after a few days. Sorry to drag the tread on.

Elena
01-11-2010, 08:27 PM
If she's not pooing she really needs to see a vet ASAP. Phone your vet, they will have an answerphone message with an emergency vet number on it.

helgalush
01-11-2010, 08:27 PM
You need to take her to the vet straight away.

If she is not eating or pooing she needs urgent vet attention.

Jack's-Jane
01-11-2010, 08:59 PM
http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/ileus.html

PLEASE GET YOUR RABBIT TO A VET TONIGHT

lillydwarflop
02-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Hi Guys thanks for all the advise, i took lilly to the vets they gave her an injection of something that will kick start her bowels again and a injection of vitamin C. just got to keep a eye on her for next few days if no improvement then take her back. She seems a little brighter and has been nibbling on her hay so fingers crossed.

:wave:

bunlover
02-11-2010, 08:23 PM
glad she seems brighter, did vets check her teeth and do gneral check over too sometimes bunnys go off thier food due to dental problems, glad she has perked up x

Jack's-Jane
02-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Has she had any pain relief ?

Has she passed and feces today ?

Grace65
02-11-2010, 08:56 PM
I hope your bun is ok, my charlie was hospitalised last week due to not eating, they wouldnt let him home till he had eaten and pooed, hope your bun is pooing now. xxx