• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Peggy at vet

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
:( Despite having a dental on Saturday Peggy still isn't eating properly. I gave her a baytril injection yesterday and tried her with some critical recovery paste but she wouldn't swallow it. The only thing I could get down her was some pineapple juice and that was because she licked it off her paws and face. She kicked and struggled when I tried to feed her.

Took her back to the vet this morning and he decided to keep her in and tube feed her. I 'phoned earlier and she has eaten some dandelions (not sure where the vet found those as my supply has run out) and they have managed to syringe feed her a little. She's had another baytril injection and a steroid one as well and they are keeping her overnight to continue with the syringe feeding.

I am sad she is staying there but she has Sue with her and their cages are big. My concern is that she is an outdoor bun and she will be kept indoors all night. I have spoken to the vet nurse who said the room is kept at a constant temperature and she will be fine. I have to 'phone at 9.00 am and see how she is doing.

Vibes for Peggy would be appreciated please. I so hope she will be OK - but it's good news she is eating dandelions.

im assuming the vet is giving her pain relief too....i hope that she feels better asap:) give her a big kiss from me and my 2:D:love:

Back