• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm thinking of adopting

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Since I have lost Maisie, Holly and Beatrix this year my house feels empty, I know I thought I would do a bit of decorating when I've not got so many free range house buns, but I am missing having bunny faces about. Bob and Dylan look lost in the house all by themselves. I had been looking for lookylikeys, but if I get ones that look the same they're not going to act the same :cry::cry::cry: To be honest I feel a bit broken after :(

Anyway the two longest long termers on RR are two of my rescues

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=12071

I am thinking of adopting them myself, I am raw at the minute so might not be such a great idea, but Sparkle who is now six gets poorly tum every now and then and think she'll be better suited to living in the warm and they've not had any interest in the last 3 years :cry::cry:, after the lady initially got me to bond them then went elsewhere :roll:.

It seems stupid looking for buns elsewhere when I've these two sat in the garden, not sure if Bob and Dylan will take to them, not even 100% sure I'm going to do this yet either, I'm still a bit up and down, they might not like being house buns either, I'll pay my own adoption fee :lol::lol::lol:

worth a try hun, and even if you dont bond like you want to they will help to fill the aching heart :love:

who would you get to do an uninfluenced house check tho :?

:lol::lol::lol: yeah would need a house check :lol::lol:, Bob and Dyaln are so quiet I need some naughty yamppy buns about, not use to the quiet, I hate it in fact :(

What a totally selfless thing to do. :love: I bet they'd really appreciate it. x

They're completely different from the buns I'm use to, but I think that might be a good thing, wish I could wish Bea back alive though :(

See i got Herbie & Inca not long after losing Kermit. I was worried, but they really both deserved love.

I will admit that initially i wondered if i had done the right thing, but i realised how much i loved them when Inca got ill, i was worried sick.

They dont replace the ones you have lost, but they do silly wee things that make you think of them. Like yesterday, Herbie licked my face.....Kermit used to always do that, so it reminded me of him and i smiled :)

Good luck in the decision making x

Go for it Tree. No bun will ever be the same as beatrix, how could they possibly be, but they will make your life a little brighter and you will know that two buns which you have had for a long time as rescues will have a permanent lving home, where they can rip the wallpaper off the walls shoudl they wish to do it!

at first a different character just makes you pine for the one you lost i found.. but know i have a proper little madam and love her for herself without comparing her to Pearl anymore..

this morning she was pinging the bars to the fence stopping them getting out of the bunny room, i know its an hour later for pellets but damn you rabbit i need my sleep......came back upstairs with the clean litter tray and fresh water and she was still sitting there looking Angry :shock:

im glad buns arent all the same :love:

enjoy your new housebuns hun, because i bet they will love being pampered house buns and will well make the most of as much trouble that they can make hehe

I was so sorry to read about Beatrix on RB :( And I'm very sorry about Maisie and Holly too :(

I remember watching Beatrix's naughty pet video on youtube shortly after I joined the forum, and I have a suspicion that my Daisy must've watched it with me as she has a similar penchant for house destruction! Naughty bunnies are wonderful :D

Just looked at the link and Sparkle and Ralph look like gorgeous bunnies :love:

Good luck with your decision and I hope whichever bunnies you decide to take into your home will help you come to terms with losing the three girls.
x

I do miss all the poo and wee on the carpets, Bob and Dylan are just too clean :lol::lol::lol::lol:, I am out this weekend, so it will have to be a mission for teh weekend after, I think it might be worth a go, thanks guys :love::love:

Good luck with making your decission.:)

I lost Penny only a week ago, but I`v decided to adopt my foster bun Tinker. I`v been looking after her for the lady that runs scunthorpe rabbit rescue.
Now that the weather is cold at night I thought it only made sence to bond her to kenny ( penny`s bereaved husbun) I thought they could snuggle up together and keep each other warm.
I have time off work next week, so I`m going to do the bonding then.

That seems a very good idea Tree.

Ive also read of some poor former house rabbits, who are now in rescues and finding it hard. I always feel sorry for house rabbits who find themselves in rescues, as they have had so much freedom previously. If your two dont work out, perhaps you could look at adopting one of those.

31 months in rescue is such a long time :( I hope it allworks and I'm so sorry you've lost 3 of your buns this year xx

Thanks guys and sorry about Penny :cry::cry::cry:

I lost Bramble too, she was an outdoor bunny, so although I missed her a great deal I've not noticed her not in the house :(. I think I have been very unlucky this year, I guess all my original crew were all reaching old age together, I guess it would of been a better idea to have had buns at varying ages at least you don't lose them at the same sort of time :(

I have looked at these two a couple of times and felt so sad. Personally I think you would be better with completely different rabbits to the ones you have lost and these two would be perfect.

As always if you have time space and money etc then go for it :D

You can see her personality in the photo Tree.

As a rex though, will being inside aggravate hocks?

Back