• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor heating?

lizzyjm

Alpha Buck
This will be my first winter with my buns and I have a question about heating. Sergeant and Pepper are house rabbits - given that I will eventually have to put my central heating on, will the rabbits need something to keep them warm for the times when it's off? Ie, in the day when I'm at work, or in the night when I'm in bed.

It's also my first winter in my flat, but I think that it is generally a fairly warm flat at least.

I've read people talking about snugglesafe pads for outside buns, but what about house rabbits?

ive found that inside temperatures never drop very low so i just use my heating when im home. i think if temps were to drop below 0 in the house then extra heating would be needed, but even when my heating broke when it was at its coldest last year my pair were fine unlike me lol.. infact they seem happiest at a constant 18 degrees C or less. they deffo prefer too cold to too hot :D

Back