• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Roxy has been admitted

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Our beautiful girl has been admitted for x-rays and depending on the results will probably need surgery :(

She already has so many problems it is really unfair :(

She has had abdomen pain on and off for the whole time she has been with us. The first few times it appeared to be down to mild bouts of intestinal coccidiosis, which obviously meant she had to be quarantined for quite some time. But the pain seems to have been getting worse in recent days despite already being on high pain relief for the arthritis in her hips and spine.

The vet thinks she can feel bladder stones :(

Even the GA for the x-rays is a risk as Roxy suffers from seizures and has had pasturella.

All this and she is still only around 2 years old :cry:

Lots of vibes for Roxy. I hope the GA is ok and that the vet can make her feel a lot more comfortable. x

How frustrating, nothing showed up on the x-rays :? Her kidneys are very mobile which is what the vet felt during the consult and thought were bladder stones.

They are now at a loss as to why she is indicating she is in so much pain :(

Would an U/S not give a more detailed picture ?

Xrays are limited in their use as a diagnostic tool.

Poor Roxy, I hope that her problems can be resolved xx

That's very frustrating for you - and the vet! Poor Roxy, too. She doesn't need any extra pain with her arthritis to cope with all the time, poor girl.

Would an U/S not give a more detailed picture ?

Xrays are limited in their use as a diagnostic tool.

Poor Roxy, I hope that her problems can be resolved xx

I was pushing for one but they weren't having it :( As she is eating well and appears lively they think her stomach pushing, crying out and aggression is probably behavioural :? TBH I'm not convinced. Guess we will bring her home and if we are still not happy in a day or 2 we will get her straight back to the vets.

We have actually found a new rabbit savvy vet which we tried out a few weeks back, she appears very good. We are registering all new rabbits with her for now to see how we get on, before we make the huge step of moving all our bunnies. But if we still get no where with Roxy and are not happy with how she is we can always move her to the new vet :)

Poor Roxy...wasn't she having fits when she first came to you? This might sound like an odd suggestion, but could it be something neurological? I don't know if it can happen in buns but could the fitting have 'changed' so it's telling her she is in pain when there is nothing physically wrong?
Or perhaps the pain symptoms are a different manifestation of the fitting?
I could just be talking rubbish though :?

Roxy is home as they kept her in for observation after the x-rays. They said they saw no evidence of her being in pain and she never did any of the squatting that I described. Maybe I was being paranoid, but she certainly didn;t look well to me :?

Back