• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

finally got round to buying a puppy pen

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
can now section off the paving from the grass so bisc and matt can go out even when the grass is wet.

think it will benefit them to get a little bit of fresh air a day, aslong as it isn't raining or too cold.

:)

Good stuff. I'm thinking of getting one. Spenser has a Trixie pen which might work in a similar way, but I think the puppy pen would be more stable. Would be interested to see a photo, especially if they like it!

That's quite like the one I have, except mine is really designed to be pegged into the ground and I'm not convinced it will be stable on slabs or the tiles of the conservatory. Time to experiment before I spend yet more money ... :oops:

That's quite like the one I have, except mine is really designed to be pegged into the ground and I'm not convinced it will be stable on slabs or the tiles of the conservatory. Time to experiment before I spend yet more money ... :oops:

sounds like me, i always rush in and buy things and then get them and they aren't right! :oops: :lol:

never thought it might not be stable on paving :roll: if it's not i'll peg it into the edge of the grass and luckily the shed is there aswell so can use that to secure it onto aswell... er, i hope! :lol:

We've had ours on carpet and lino for bonding and they've been fine. :thumb: I think for a permanent structure some sort of base with edging round would help it's strength, but for something permanent I think the NIC cubes give you more flexibility.

We've had ours on carpet and lino for bonding and they've been fine. :thumb: I think for a permanent structure some sort of base with edging round would help it's strength, but for something permanent I think the NIC cubes give you more flexibility.

it's just for when the grass is wet really, and being autumn/winter they can't go out for long anyway. so it hopefully will be fine. if not, i will get dan to stand there and hold it up! :lol:

qhy cant tehy go out onto wet grass? mine love wet grass!!! lol x

it causes upset tummies. mine aren't used to being outdoors, only in summer. when they did live outside though, i never let them out on wet grass, always read that you weren't supposed to. :?

ah it makes sense if your bunnies are indoors or not used to grass, mine are outdoors and actually go out most weather (tho choose to sit in during rain generally) sorry it probebly would make them unwell if not used to it! :wave:
ps with outdoor bunnies or bunnies used to grass there should be no problem with rain water off the grass. x

ah it makes sense if your bunnies are indoors or not used to grass, mine are outdoors and actually go out most weather (tho choose to sit in during rain generally) sorry it probebly would make them unwell if not used to it! :wave:
ps with outdoor bunnies or bunnies used to grass there should be no problem with rain water off the grass. x

my pair luuuurve wet grass :lol: (they are outdoors)

I've just ordered that playpen too, it's coming tomorrow :) although mine is for indoors to separate the bunnies from the cat!

i got the height to be the same as two nic grids high, and bisc has just jumped two grids high on top of the cage.. for the first time ever!! so he will probably attempt the puppy pen now! :roll: flippin bunnies! :lol:

We've two P@H puppy pens joined together around our patio for Bramble to free range in - they're great! :wave:

ah, got to laugh.. it hasn't stopped raining since i got the puppy pen! :roll: so it's still in the box, and bisc and matt haven't had chance to go outside for some fresh air. why do i bother!! :lol:

Back