• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sorry im just getting so confused

witchwoo

Young Bun
I have looked threw the threads and i cant seem to find what im looking for :oops:
i have had suprise baby bunnys born, whom are growing up now (see Tammys and Benjis kits) but im lost at when they should come away from mum, what age the boys need removing, and i keep peeking at bits but still non the wiser so getting worried that any little girls will end up pregus :shock: i want to keep a little girl with mum but im getting worried that if i cant sex them then i will find out later that its all wrong again (Tammy was a Tommy) sorry im used to guinea pig bubs, please can someone either point me in the right direction or help me out with info please so i can sleep at night :roll: thank you :)

8 weeks, and then, if the boys have not got descended testicles, then you can keep the boys and girls together for a bit longer, then you have to split them into their sexes.

However, as you already know, this doesn't always go to plan. :roll:

I had a litter of foster babies over the summer and thought I had 2 boys and 3 girls. What I actually had was one proper boy (all bits where they should be), one boy with undescended testicles (both of those were sexed right as boys), one hermaphrodite (sexed as a girl), one malformed but completely male boy (again, sexed as a girl) and one girl (sexed right- as far as we currently know :lol:). Those were sexed by myself, Kris from Starlights Rabbit Rescue (although she thought 3 boys and 2 girls), my vet, and also various vet nurses at various times :lol:

So be aware that anything at any point can and may go wrong with sexing. Sometimes babies are easy, sometimes they are totally complicated.

Back