• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dean-o's new digs

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
Since Bruno and Gus went to the bridge :cry: Dean has gotten a new (old) home. This is what my boy piggies were being kept in when I got them - yes, you read that right, two large male piggies were kept in this cage :roll: don't know what goes through some people's heads.

DSCI0652-1.jpg

:love::love: Isn't he gorgeous?? I don't normally bed them on sawdust, they normally get Megazorb, but I had to get some a couple of weeks ago when I was waiting for my Hay Experts parcel and still had some left

DSCI0654.jpg

My friend's daughter had two dwarf hamsters. She got one, then read you were supposed to get two, then had to separate them because they fought! Dean looks quite the lord of the manner in his new digs. I'm afraid I know even less about hamsters than I do about piggies. :oops::lol:

My friend's daughter had two dwarf hamsters. She got one, then read you were supposed to get two, then had to separate them because they fought! Dean looks quite the lord of the manner in his new digs. I'm afraid I know even less about hamsters than I do about piggies. :oops::lol:

:lol: he likes to think he is the lord of the house. I started out with pairs but they fought and I had to separate them. They're so tiny as well you could end up with a boy/girl because it's hard to tell!!

I knew someone who had a pair that fought and she just left them together and let them fight until they killed each other :evil::cry:

I must have been 11 when I got my first pair of russian Dwarfs, Hurricane and Squeaky, I kept them in a Rotastak complex, which grew and grew and grew. Anyway, after the first 6 days of my VERY exciting first pet, Squeaky had 6 babies :shock: I was so hyper and jumpy. I loved that first experience, I prefer the Roborovskis though :) So so so so active! Fast little critters!

I must have been 11 when I got my first pair of russian Dwarfs, Hurricane and Squeaky, I kept them in a Rotastak complex, which grew and grew and grew. Anyway, after the first 6 days of my VERY exciting first pet, Squeaky had 6 babies :shock: I was so hyper and jumpy. I loved that first experience, I prefer the Roborovskis though :) So so so so active! Fast little critters!

I've had one Robo called Louis and a few Russian Dwarfs. Robos are too fast for me and impossible to handle! When I was younger I had a Chinese Dwarf who lived for 5 years :shock: still miss that little guy

I didn't realise you could get so many types of hamster! :shock::oops: 5 years is an amazing age for one. What's the strawberry thing in the cage? :wave:

Back