• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need help naming my two new rats pleeease!

beckie20

Mama Doe
Yesterday, I adopted 2 little ladies to keep my old boy company in his retirement cage. He's recently been neutered due to testicular cancer, so I thought I'd take advantage of the opportunity to get him out of the bachelor pad and in with some lady friends. These two were advertised on a different forum as Older does, but have actually turned out to be 2 months younger than the youngest rats I own :roll::? But the rescue lady was happy for them to go into a retirement cage, so I now have the challenge of making the cage good enough for them!

Little minky Berkshire lady
P1000530.jpg

P1000522.jpg

Little albino lady
P1000531.jpg

P1000521.jpg

I call them little ladies because they are about a third of the size compared to my boys :shock:
P1000529.jpg

P1000533.jpg

They seem to have given him a new lease of life the last 2 evenings :D I'm gutted about the glare from the flash in this pic, but you can make out his big smile
P1000525.jpg

So, any name suggestions? My old boy is called Indy, as in Indianna Jones, due to his adventures when he was younger :roll::lol:
xxx

They are absolutely gorgeous :love:. I'm rubbish with names though. Did you get them from FR? If so have a read of the Norwich hutch rats thread in "your rats". It's so sad and I'm currently fostering 4 of the boys who are lovely.

Oooo I'd go with a theme, so you could name them after bad :censored: females from video games/movies. Such as Laura Croft, and Jill Valentine.

They are absolutely gorgeous :love:. I'm rubbish with names though. Did you get them from FR? If so have a read of the Norwich hutch rats thread in "your rats". It's so sad and I'm currently fostering 4 of the boys who are lovely.

They are indeed from Furry Friends, advertised on FR :wave:

I read the original rescue thread as it happened, and was stunned. I just don't understand how anyone can let that happen. But I have just read the thread in "your rats" and it's nice to see that most of them are doing well.

Barnaby looks just like one of my bridge rats... so tempting! :love:

xxx

They are indeed from Furry Friends, advertised on FR :wave:

I read the original rescue thread as it happened, and was stunned. I just don't understand how anyone can let that happen. But I have just read the thread in "your rats" and it's nice to see that most of them are doing well.

Barnaby looks just like one of my bridge rats... so tempting! :love:

xxx

Aaaw, that's great you rescued them. Barnaby is stunning. He's so friendly and will come to the edge of the cage to let me pick him up for a cuddle. Can't believe I've had no interest in them yet :(

Aaaw, that's great you rescued them. Barnaby is stunning. He's so friendly and will come to the edge of the cage to let me pick him up for a cuddle. Can't believe I've had no interest in them yet :(

It is quite surprising, the ones from the big rescues tend to get snapped up quick - like the Lymington buns!

It's only the smell that puts me off getting more boys. Im hoping that taking my old boy out of the main cage will help keep things fresh - he's a big marinader :mrgreen: The ratty smell I like, the wee smell I do not :lol:

Are you sure you're not tempted to keep them... ;)

xxx

It is quite surprising, the ones from the big rescues tend to get snapped up quick - like the Lymington buns!

It's only the smell that puts me off getting more boys. Im hoping that taking my old boy out of the main cage will help keep things fresh - he's a big marinader :mrgreen: The ratty smell I like, the wee smell I do not :lol:

Are you sure you're not tempted to keep them... ;)

xxx

I've not really noticed these boys being smelly tbh but that may be 'coz they are out in the (heated) shed. They may be worse when they come inside on saturday. I'm very tempted but I'm 2 over my limit with my own rats and I keep girls not boys.

I've not really noticed these boys being smelly tbh but that may be 'coz they are out in the (heated) shed. They may be worse when they come inside on saturday. I'm very tempted but I'm 2 over my limit with my own rats and I keep girls not boys.

I didn't notice a smell back when I only had the two boys... But I do with five of them!

Oooo I'd go with a theme, so you could name them after bad :censored: females from video games/movies. Such as Laura Croft, and Jill Valentine.

I'm quite liking this theme, I think. So, one of them can be Lara, not too sure about Jill the rat though:lol:

xxx

well if you want to keep your action heros from films theame....indy.... then o with lara (lara croft- tombraiders) and leia (princess leia from starwars) i cant actually think of any others?
but othe names i like that i think go with indy are anna,,....lol.... bella

the brown one, kiki i love dont know why she looks like a cheeky sortv charactor and the white one,delores as she looks like she wants to be spoiled and taken care of.... lol i think its easier to name a pet yourself as you know thier personalitys more and what names suit them! xx

Back