• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

one of my 3 african pygmy dormice,no names yet

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
IMG_3748.jpg

so sweet :love:
what are you feeding them?

I'd go with an african theme and pick from kenya, gambia, madagascar (maddie) and togo. :)

My new mice will be Xmen themed :D

Very jealous, they are gorgeous! :love:

Do they ever have different markings, like if you had a group, would you be able to tell them apart? :shock:

Can you show me what they are living in? I'm considering them or Harvest Mice.

Very jealous, they are gorgeous! :love:

Do they ever have different markings, like if you had a group, would you be able to tell them apart? :shock:

Can you show me what they are living in? I'm considering them or Harvest Mice.

this is their cage,was £15 from local paper a gerbilarium
there are 2 females,one thin one fat and a male,the breeder put food colouring on their tails to tell them apart
IMG_3734.jpg

I've got 2 African pygmy dormice in a similar setup. They also love being in the small wooden nesting boxes sold for pet birds. The smaller, open front, square ones just fit under the corner shelves.

Their diet should include extra protein from an 'animal' source: waxworms, mealworms, egg yolk, etc. mine do well on a good quality fruity parrot mix and about half a tub of waxworms (or equivalent) every week. The rest of the tub goes to the African Zebra mice.

I also use a very small glass water bottle as I have had so many of the plastic ones chewed through by mice who sit on the top and gnaw away. Wet bedding is not good for them.

They are so cute. I just wish mine were as handleable as yours, but mine were adults when I got them and had not been handled. They are like minature bushbabies.

Can you have males and females living together OK? What about babies?

And if you have same sex pairings, do they ever fight?

Back