• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing cat to bunnies

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
Am I doing it wrong? For the past week, I've been letting Mylo sit and Warhol the bunnies through the nic grids of their cage and he's been as good as gold and just sat ad watched them wondering what they are. But today he's started putting his paws through the bars to try and get to them :? I've just took him into the bunny room and sat on the floor why him firmly held on my lap and covering his legs up so he can't get them, but he basically struggled to get out of my arms, bitten and scratched me and nearly got Jose :(

Any tips?

What do you mean by "nearly got Jose"? In an attack way or merely in a curious gone up to say hi kind of way?

What do you mean by "nearly got Jose"? In an attack way or merely in a curious gone up to say hi kind of way?

He tried to scratch her I think, mouth open as well

Jose and Rainbow aren't bothered at all by Mylo, they occasionally come and have a sniff but then just carry on as normal

well, my cat tries to eat my rabbits, i just make sure they dont go out together.

could he been trying to play?

He tried to scratch her I think, mouth open as well

Jose and Rainbow aren't bothered at all by Mylo, they occasionally come and have a sniff but then just carry on as normal

But he may have had his claws out from when he was trying to get out of your arms? I'd let him meet them and just be there to intervene if he does try to attack them.

my cats put their paws through the bars to pat the rabbits (they are nice - no claws) and also steal the rabbits food. Chloe cat loves the bunnies she watches them for ages and tries to pay but ruby bunny is a bit boisterous and chases chloe whcih chloe doesn't like but she can't resist going back for more.

as long as no claws i think he would be alright but perhaps if you are worried keep them away from each other and only allow supervised play. i have one cat, Mia who is scared of the bunnies but if startled she can get jumpy. I just make sure she isn;t alone with the bunnies when they are free range.

Back