• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO- tdsouza, Becca24 (and possibly GrahamL)

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
As some might know, I have kept two bunnies from my foster baby litter. The other three went to lovely homes. Yesterday, one of those three (Hazel, formerly Flare) died due to something gut related. His gut was distended but, as I understand it, there was no obvious cause, such as an obstruction. He died on the way to the vets but they have not done a PM, so please bear in mind this is purely conjecture.

We don't know the cause, however, our speculation leads us to believe it may be genetic, given the deformities and problems the other four of the litter had (Hazel was the only one who showed no deformities at all with his genitalia and no other obvious problems). This leads us to wonder whether or not any of the others may be affected by this, or something similar.

Having had nightmares about this all night I'm throwing out the warning to tdsouza and Socks, Becca24 and Fizz, and possibly, but unlikely, GrahamL and Ginger, that this may occur in your bunny. I wasn't going to post and say anything, but the nightmares made me change my mind.

Hazel went down hard and fast and hung on, but couldn't keep fighting. Potentially with different vet treatment he may have managed to fight, but that's an unknown. Any sign of any gut problems at all, please, please seek vet attention ASAP. Hazel showed no signs and when they tucked him away the night before, he was happy and eating. I know Socks has had some gut issues, and I know Wish has gut issues, and the other also has something amiss because his poos are weird, very weird.

Yes, this is speculation, and no hard fact, and no, I'm not trying to scare the cr*p out of anyone, but just, please be vigilant. Super vigilant.

Thanks Sky.

If you're around later, i'd like to discuss with you if possible.

I'll make sure msn is signed in on my phone, i know your not around atm, for other reasons, so just let me know.

RIP Hazel :cry:

Enjoy the bridge little one, taken far far too early :(

That's cool Gray. I'm about now for a short while, and then later again this evening (family gathering in the middle of that).

*Whispers* My name is Tracy :lol:

I would hope its not an issue for any of the others, but I already know Socks has had some sort of gut problem so flet it was worthwhile a mention.

I'm hoping its completely irrelevant :)

I would hope its not an issue for any of the others, but I already know Socks has had some sort of gut problem so flet it was worthwhile a mention.

I hope so too. These litters have suffered enough already, they don't need this too :(

Poor Hazel :(

To be fair, although maybe a bit different, Hazel didn't suffer. He wasn't ill for long, and he died surrounded with love. I think the hardest bit now is the unknown and 'waiting' for my two to drop dead (that's the pessimistic, fear driven view). Hazel's family have it tough, and are grieving, but Hazel didn't have it bad. He had love, care, a family home and was lucky in that respect. Yes, he died tragically early, but he didn't suffer.

Sorry, I 'm terrible with name,

I am also hoping they all live long happy live too.

Binky free Hazel, Give Hopper a nose rub from me.

:oops::cry: So so sad, binky free Hazel!!

Thanks for the heads up! Havent as yet (touch wood) seen any slight hint of an issue with regards to any gut problem in Fizz but will obviously stay vigilient(sp?)! :oops:

Back