• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thought I had lost Eli!

BattleKat

Wise Old Thumper
I went to feed the buns this morning and couldn't see Eli anywhere.

I let the other two out of the shed and was calling his name, looked under the hutch (he can't even fit under there) and in the cat tree, looked in the hutch, in all the tunnels and just could not find him.

I was on the verge of tears thinking something had come and taken him when I heard something moving. I look down and Eli has got himself in to the food box and somehow closed the lid - trapping himself inside!

I feel absolutely awful and will be new box with clasps ASAP, thank god the box had air holes from when we put the mice in it or he could have suffocated :cry:

Is there anything I need to do about the fact he's eaten lots of nuggets? Just make sure he eats some hay as well? he's had some grass since.

Gosh! :shock: You never know what they will get up to next. I thankfully have no experience of this, but hay only sounds like a good idea. He's probably very thirsty too.

Poor little bun! I lost Ginger once, and panicked thinking someone had stolen him. Then I found him doen the back of the storage chest. He was completely wedged with his head bent back and his eyes all glazed, it was horrible. He was really really thristy afterwards, so make sure you've got a bowl of water as well as a bottle for your boy. I'm sure he'll be fine!

Back