• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Willow ring warning! PHOTO ADDED post 12

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
Went out to the hutch this morning to find Spenser wearing his willow ring as a belt! :shock: It wasn't tight and didn't seem to be bothering him, but I don't think he could have got it off if it had? I have of course removed it, both from Spenser and from the hutch. He seems fine - was eating his pellets before I could put the bowl down. What will he do to alarm me next ... :roll:

Last edited:
Blanche did this once. Not too sure how long she'd been wearing it but it didn't seem to bother her in the slightest :lol:

Blanche did this once. Not too sure how long she'd been wearing it but it didn't seem to bother her in the slightest :lol:

That's reassuring! I might give it back to him, although like so many bunnies he doesn't really bother with his toys (except to put them in the water bowl).

Yes, several of mine wore it as an accessory too. Now they only get them to play with under supervision when we have them. I'm sure Spencer will be fine :)

I have mine tied to the cage mesh so that couldnt happen - plus mine are soo small for it to get stuck in any way lol. The joy of diddy buns ;)

the way one of ours goes through it he would only be wearing it for a few mins before hed release himself:oops: i have to take thing s like that away from him after a few mins as he would eat the whole thing in minutes:oops::lol:

Maybe he's trying to start a new trend: willow fashion accessories :lol:

It is a bit worrying though- bunnies seem to have a knack of taking everyday objects and finding new ways to injure themselves with them xx

Perhaps he was just trying to make a statement. :lol:

It's very worrying though; they manage to get themselves in all kinds of trouble.

I used to have a ball type thingy that you could fill with hay and either hang on the cage or have it free standing. Alfie managed to get the thing stuck round his waist - it was the day after he'd been neutered so luckily he was indoors and I spotted it asap but it was quite scary and I was so worried he would struggle while I tried to release him.

Here is Spenser having supervised play with his willow ring this afternoon.

PA310374.jpg

Just look at that gorgeous bun!! Maybe he was trying some hula hooping!! :lol: Glad he's ok - you live and learn don't you!!?

After chewing through the bottom of a willow basket, Sergeant managed to get it stuck over his head. He ran round manically for ages before I managed to get it off him, poor thing. This coincided with his VHD jab reaction and I thought he'd got willow stuck in his neck instead!

Back