• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ramps

Generally yes but don't make them too steep. I bought a two tier hutch and the ramp was ridiculously steep and slippy. My hubby made a new one for it which was longer so not as steep and had struts on it a couple of inches apart to help with grip. Good luck.:wave:

Yup. As long as they aren't too steep as mentioned and also as long as they have grips on them. We put battens on ours to give them some grip.

Photo0415-vi.jpg

We also put a bit of wood on the side because a couple of times Mischa fell off. In an ideal world it would be right up to the wall but there is a big of crate on that side so they'd end up hitting their heads on that.

Amber loves her ramp I have a thick piece of carpet on it and she hares up it at great speed when she gets excited. I will try and take a picture later ;)

Timmy is not the brightest bunny (nice but dim) and it took him a while to work it out and pluck up courage too. He knew that when he was down in the run he wanted to get back up to his hutch but thought he could do it by scaling the the run itself and climbing through the hole the ramp went in to - he managed it once, very worrying to watch but didn't want to intervene once he was on his way in case he got scared and fell. Finally he has worked it out and goes up and down quite happily. I did worry it was a bit steep and slippy but having seen him fly up it at great speed when something frightened him yesterday I have stopped worrying. May need to review it if it gets a bit frosty over the Winter! :D

Back