• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fireworks...

abi2047

Mama Doe
Some careless idiot has decided to let fireworks off already! It isn't even bonfire night yet! Just been out to check on Riley and he seems fine, hopping about his hutch as usual. I have 2 cats, one cat is indoors and the other outdoors, I have stood at both front and back doors and I have seen no sign of him :(

We haven't had many yet, but there was a display nearby in the summer - I rushed out to see if Spenser was upste, only to find him head down and very busy nomming his caecotophs! Hope your other cat turns up safely.

I lost one of my 3 cats the tuesday before firework weekend last year:(. she reappeared the week after bonfire night looking a little startled but none the worse for here 2 week absense, a loud miaow and a good check around the house and she was back to normal. Really thought i'd never see her again, cried buckets and rang everyone who thought i was mad!:D Im sure your cat will be back soon, maybe just a little upset at the noise - go rattle some treats in the garden!

I lost one of my 3 cats the tuesday before firework weekend last year:(. she reappeared the week after bonfire night looking a little startled but none the worse for here 2 week absense, a loud miaow and a good check around the house and she was back to normal. Really thought i'd never see her again, cried buckets and rang everyone who thought i was mad!:D Im sure your cat will be back soon, maybe just a little upset at the noise - go rattle some treats in the garden!

I rattled his food bowl already and he usually comes running up the path but not tonight :( Will have to keep going out every 15 minutes to see if he wants to come in yet. x

Here we have fireworks all year long:roll::roll:
All my animals are immune to them.
Poppy my dog that passed away in January was petrified and never got used to them.Matilda my new dog is sat in the garden and they are going off.
I feel so sorry for all the animals that are scared:(

ugh i dont mind people setting the fireworks off one bonfire night but they set them off for weeks and my 2 dogs are petrified of them :( They are getting on now and i worry that they'll die of a heart attack.

I hope your other cat comes in. No doubt will be laid under a bush ignoring you lol.

ugh i dont mind people setting the fireworks off one bonfire night but they set them off for weeks and my 2 dogs are petrified of them :( They are getting on now and i worry that they'll die of a heart attack.

I hope your other cat comes in. No doubt will be laid under a bush ignoring you lol.

I hope he is not ignoring me because he is making me look like a idiot stood in the front doorway shouting Noodles!!

could be worse my sisters cat is called Coolio! this is the first year ive had an outdoor bunny and a piggie,we back onto the school field where there will be a firework display i'm wondering what to do with them? Cover them or bring them inside although i am a little reluctant as i believe its not good for them to get hot and then back into the cold.

I hope he is not ignoring me because he is making me look like a idiot stood in the front doorway shouting Noodles!!

hahaha! Oh dear. This is why cats should be called human names lmao! Could be worse i guess. My sister's cat is called Lucifer lol.

With her being quite gothy doesn't help the image when she's stood shouting "Lucifer" on her door step lmao!

could be worse my sisters cat is called Coolio! this is the first year ive had an outdoor bunny and a piggie,we back onto the school field where there will be a firework display i'm wondering what to do with them? Cover them or bring them inside although i am a little reluctant as i believe its not good for them to get hot and then back into the cold.

If I was you I would keep the heating off so there wont be much of a temperature change, or at least keep the heating off in the room you want to keep them in. As long as it is nearly the same temperature as outside and not too much of a difference then I would bring them in :D

ok will do. I am going out that night tho so will have to bunny proof a room and remove all traces of wires! fireworks...what a pain!

We've just had a display go off opposite our house. We knew there was a fair but didn't realise there'd be fireworks. We rushed out to our buns and one of them was terrified. She was running around trying to find somewhere to hide. We've brought her in but 10 mins later and her heart is still beating v. fast and she's not herself. Don't want to keep her in too long due to the change in temp but also don't want to risk putting her back out atm!

We've just had a display go off opposite our house. We knew there was a fair but didn't realise there'd be fireworks. We rushed out to our buns and one of them was terrified. She was running around trying to find somewhere to hide. We've brought her in but 10 mins later and her heart is still beating v. fast and she's not herself. Don't want to keep her in too long due to the change in temp but also don't want to risk putting her back out atm!

Ohh no, I have no idea why the hell they let fireworks off a week ahead! Why can't everyone let them off on one night, which is bonfire night? I would turn the heating off and keep her in, she might panick even more and could lead to alot of other problems. Mum has already said I can keep Riley in on bonfire night, so I am ok about that :D

Back