• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our Sweet Little Mochi

bunnycomb

Young Bun
Such a BUNDERFUL bunny... our mini-lop, Mochi (pronounced moo-chee) crossed the Rainbow Bridge two days ago. This loss has been devastating to me and my husband and we're reaching out to just about anyone right now.

My husband and I were at work and he called me to tell me his stomach was still bothering him - just all of a sudden that morning. Not too soon after that call he left work early to go home. I was on my way home later that day and I called him up to check on him and Mochi (she had been sick for about a day). He said his stomach was getting worse and even though he felt the way he did, he laid down near Mochi's cage - she came out and snuggled straight into his arms. He told me Mochi had been in this position for awhile now. I told him "I'll be home as soon as possible."

As soon as I got into the driveway, I got a call. "Please hurry. Mochi's has all of a sudden taken a turn for the worse." I ran straight into the house and into our bedroom just in time to see Mochi hop into back into her cage. She looked up at me and my husband kept talking - worried - but I can not recall what he said since everything was a blur - my mind was on her. I watched my dear, sweet baby flop over on to her side. My husband pulled the top of her cage off so we could get to her. She went into seizures. He picked her up in her blanket and right then I looked at her and screamed, "We need to go to the E.R. NOW!" She was still in my arms breathing... We ran back in to the car and as we drove off, I looked down at her... my sweetheart... my love was gone. I cried, "PLEASE. Stay with us. Don't go!" But it was too late. Mochi had crossed the bridge.

Even though her passing is still new and still very fresh on our minds, I believe she was calling us to come home. My husband's stomach pains disappeared as soon as she crossed over. I remember seeing him earlier that morning - grabbing at his abdomen - telling me he wasn't sure if he would go in or not. I remember seeing Mochi - sitting still in her cage that morning - not doing much of anything except going back and forth to her potty. We had agreed that she needed to be taken to her doctor. But even he was out sick. Our only alternative was to try to take her to the E.R. but my husband was in so much pain he could barely move by the time he got back home.

I also believe she waited for me too. I know in my heart she wanted to see me one last time and knowing this makes it so difficult to let our baby go. I'm feeling so much guilt... that we 'coulda' woulda' shoulda' feeling... and now there's nothing I can do to bring her back...

I take a little comfort in knowing that my husband was there with her for the most part. He said he had a feeling she knew that her time was coming too. He kept reassuring her that it was okay... that she was a very good bunny and that everyone loved her.

I love you, Mochi. I've loved you - WE'VE loved you - since the first day we laid eyes on you two years ago... I hope you know just how much we always will...

I know God would never give me something that I could not handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much

74105_1314818730075_1818916851_639946_345323_n.jpg

What a lovely bunny she was! So sorry for your loss. I hope that in time happier memories of her will bring you comfort.

Gorgeous girl,so sorry :(
I lost my a very special bunny 2 weeks ago and know how much it hurts.I try to remember the good times as much as it hurts.

Dealing

Thank you everybun for your kind words and responses... my husband and I are having a really hard time coping with the death of our baby. I'm going through the stages and right now I think the hardest hit: depression. We have pages up for all four of our bunnies on bunspace.com but I'm so afraid to go back in and change Mochi's page into a memorial... I knew having a life would eventually come to this but so soon?? I'm not sure if I'm dealing with this too well... how have each of you coped?

Yes, she was a huge loss for us and completely unexpected. I've been crying like a baby off and on the past couple of days. How have some of you memorialized your bun or piggie?

We have Stew (our bun) buried in our garden.We wanted to bring her home for the others.
We are looking for a memorial stone of some kind now and are going to plant something where she is buried too.Coco1200 on here is going to make me a pendant with some of her fur in too :)

I wish we could have Mochi buried with us but unfortunately we live in a flat. Our next best choice was to have her cremated. I found a bunny pendant on a site that will allow me to keep some of her ashes with me too. We also kept a tuft of her fur before we took her to get cremated. The pendant for Stew's fur sounds sweet!

Just shed a few tears reading this, I'm so sorry :cry::cry: Mochi was obviously such a special bunny.

Binky free Mochi xxx

Back