• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is Sunday everyone's big clean day?

Is Sunday your big clean day?

• Total voters

ScienceGeek

Warren Scout
:wave:

This is kind of random totally pointless but was just interested to know.

I do my "big clean" (change of all bedding, full disinfect etc.) every Sunday because chances are its the day i'll have the least amount going on. Just wondered waht everyone else's routine was.

I voted 'yes', but it is sometimes Saturday - depends on weather and other commitments. I used to do it Thursday/Friday, but got out of routine in the summer when I broke my arm, and now it suits me better to do it at weekends. I don't do the lower hutch weekly, because Spenser is really a very tidy bunny and it seems daft to throw out straw, cardboard boxes etc weekly when it is not necessary. Upstairs is where the serious business of eating/pooing/peeing takes place.

I have so many different animals, EVERY day is a clean out day :lol:

I cleaned out 13 guinea pigs yesterday, shampoo'd, trimmed their coat (in the case of my two longhaired piggies) and trimmed their nails

Today, was the buns turn and I also bathed and cleaned out the dragon. Tomorrow I'm grooming the dog !!!

Friday was the chipmunk's turn

Sunday is usually clean out day for outside bunnies have done it today though as doing something tomorrow. Friday is indoor bunnies.

I have so many different animals, EVERY day is a clean out day :lol:
same deal here!

gerbils, mice, rabbits and chickens (and soon my doggie!!!) all need looking after and it's too much for one day, plus some are done more than once a week.

No, Sunday's is my rest day :lol:

I do at least one house a night sometimes two if I feel like it. Everyone has a set day :)

Mondays is my day for major cleaning (it's my day off (???) :?)
Sundays are usually a Pj day for me :thumb: - I get up have a shower and on goes a clean pair of Pj's and I chill...all day! :D

Except tomorrow :shock:
I'm off to a Dolls House Fayre (a bit of a hobby of mine) then for Sunday lunch out :D :D :D

My big clean is on Thursday as its bin man day Friday.Everything gets washed then,dog basket,tubes,carrier.Mondays I tip out all of bedding & replace it but dont wash anything.Everynight I tip out litter tray & change litter.:)

I do clean outs on Wednesday and Saturday usually. I don't do a massive clean every week. I have today though. Today's been a bit of a spring clean in winter. :lol: Got everything out from under the bed and hoovered that, got the dog crate out and hoovered round that, hoovered blankets and dusted, mopped the lionheads' floor. Um, doesn't sound a lot like that. I'm exhausted though. :lol:

Last edited:
Nope, but I don't work, so I have all the days available to me. I do it on a 3 days rotating timetable with mine :lol:

Yeah I do a proper clean on Sunday :) Usually with a hangover :lol: If I didn't do it on Sunday's I would probably spend the whole day sleeping so it gives me a reason to get up having to clean something :oops: I do the trays and stuff daily though so its not even a big clean by Sunday anyways

It kind of depends. During months Lost was on I'd purposely clean most of the day on Lostday while thinking about Lost, since I needed something to do (I'm extremely bored and hyper on Lostdays). Except for season 6 I made clean day on sunday and monday so on tuesday (Lostday) I wouldn't have to do TOO much. I don't really have a specific day anymore though. I guess I probably clean on sunday more than any other day.

Sundays are just too busy for me so if I need to, it's a Saturday but generally we keep on top of things and do it as we go along. I spend about half hour everyday just cleaning them anyways.

as ours are indoor buns that are also freerange... they get a litter change daily.as this is the only cleanout they need:D

Yes Sundays are our day too. Everyone else I know seems to do it on Saturdays though particularly round here. Last weekend at 5pm we were still weeding and digging over our front border as next door's family were arriving for their usual Sunday lunch, and looking at us as if we were gone out for spending our Sunday doing chores!

With 18 bunnies every day is clean out day and for some of them every day is a big clean out as they trash and mess their beds. :roll:

i have 10 bunnys its clean feed clean i clean my house every monday top to bottom and downstairs everyday :lol:

Back