• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet store that doesn't sell pets in Surrey/Hants?

PandS

Warren Scout
My bf and I popped into a well known pets store for hay the other day and were disgusted to find 10 rabbits in a small pen. We decided that it was the last straw (don't get me started on their 'adoption' service that is used to get rid of the rabbits they can't sell) and we no longer want to purchase goods from pet stores that sell animals. Problem is we can't find anywhere nearby that sells hay, staw and Burgess Excel! Does anyone know of somewhere near Camberley, Surrey?

Thanks!

The only one I'm aware of is Longacres, which is more Bracknell way, but not too far maybe?

ETA we get all of our hay from a farm in bales, and then buy the pelleted food from the Hay Experts website. Could be an option?

Do you know of any farm shops? I go to a farm shop, caters for horse feed/chicken feed/dog food in bulk, but also a handy corner of bunny/guinea pig stuff too! If you know of any one with horses or dogs, ask where they get their stuff!

Agree with Caroline above that Longacres is about the nearest to Camberley (in Bagshot)

If you want to come over to me (if you need Excel right now) I can give you some as I have just had some donated by Wood Green and I don't feed it. I am in Windlesham - you can have a cuddle of some bunnies while you are here.

Alternatives for Excel and probably straw would be the vets where I work (Kynochs- dependent on branch you go to) and Pet Food Kingdom in Sunningdale or Yateley.

Also of course, The Hay Experts :D

Helen

My bf and I popped into a well known pets store for hay the other day and were disgusted to find 10 rabbits in a small pen. We decided that it was the last straw (don't get me started on their 'adoption' service that is used to get rid of the rabbits they can't sell) and we no longer want to purchase goods from pet stores that sell animals. Problem is we can't find anywhere nearby that sells hay, staw and Burgess Excel! Does anyone know of somewhere near Camberley, Surrey?

Thanks!

Hello fellow Camberley-er!

I re-iterate that Longacres is good.

I buy our food in bulk at Rokers in Worplesdon. I get Allen and Page and Science Selective from there and they do sell Excel too. We also get our hay and straw from there by the bale.

Thanks!

Hello fellow Camberley-er!

I re-iterate that Longacres is good.

I buy our food in bulk at Rokers in Worplesdon. I get Allen and Page and Science Selective from there and they do sell Excel too. We also get our hay and straw from there by the bale.

Back