• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why do they do it?

Lobo

Mama Doe
Each Friday I make a trip to a semi-rural area along minor roads. Two weeks ago I saw a small group of wildies in a paddock and the next week sat eating my lunch watching 4 little kits running, binkying and chasing each other. This past Friday when heading into the town there was one kit eating on the verge of the road. He looked straight at me as I slowed to pass but I could not stop to chase him back to his family on the other side of the fence as there was another car right behind me. 40 minutes later when travelling back out there he was again but now he was dead, run over by a vehicle. The sickening part was he was still on the verge and the vehicle had left the sealed road to deliberately run over him. He was so small he would have fitted in the palm of one hand.

Why does this happen? Do these lowlifes feel some kind of empowerment using a 1 or 2 tonne vehicle to run over a little creature who would probably only weigh a few hundred grams? What is wrong with these people?

Each Friday I make a trip to a semi-rural area along minor roads. Two weeks ago I saw a small group of wildies in a paddock and the next week sat eating my lunch watching 4 little kits running, binkying and chasing each other. This past Friday when heading into the town there was one kit eating on the verge of the road. He looked straight at me as I slowed to pass but I could not stop to chase him back to his family on the other side of the fence as there was another car right behind me. 40 minutes later when travelling back out there he was again but now he was dead, run over by a vehicle. The sickening part was he was still on the verge and the vehicle had left the sealed road to deliberately run over him. He was so small he would have fitted in the palm of one hand.

Why does this happen? Do these lowlifes feel some kind of empowerment using a 1 or 2 tonne vehicle to run over a little creature who would probably only weigh a few hundred grams? What is wrong with these people?

Thats sickening, and must be heartbreaking to see in your situation. Some people just don't care, they obviously don't experience enough enjoyment in their lives and feel that was a good "kick" for them. It's grose!

:( that is so sad! My boyfriend is really good. He even slows down for pigeons who decide they arn't afraid of cars! But it's sad to think there are people out there who will deliberately run them over :(

Oh no, that's horrible! I'm scared of running anything over, I once slammed on the brakes (on an empty road mind) when a mouse ran out in front of me...

This is so sad. Some people are so sad and heartless. I'm so scared of running something over and drive so slowly at night down country lanes (as does my OH). I will never forget the time my mum hit a pheasant when I was in the car. We were both crying and my mum couldn't ontinue her journey, she was devastated but there was nothing she could have done to avoid it. Binky free baby Wilde

do you mean he was on the grassy bit and not even on the road? and someone had run him over there? thats awful, though i suppose it could be he ran into the road someone was unable to avoid him and he died of shock once he got back onto the verge, iv also acidently run over (swerved but didnt avoid :( ) a rabbit before and as i dont like the thought of bunny being repeatedly run over even tho its dead already moved it onto the grass verge bit, could this be whats happened? rip baby bun x

i had this last night about 12 ish on the way home a cat laying in the middle of rural road, i stop to see if he/she as still alive but dead and cold, all i could do was move the cat, there was no houses in the area so must of being feral but i dont no how poeple could hit animal deliberatly :evil:

This is so sad, poor baby.

I almost hit a wild one once, I was so upset even though it had enough sence to run back in time. Did hit a pheasant once, it just popped up, right in front of my car, I had no chance of missing it because it just appeared from no-where! I was so upset, I rang my Dad and got a co worker to check my car (for feathers etc).

I did also see a cat in the road too, I couldn't stop because it was too busy a road and I didn't want to cause an accident, but I couldn't bear the thought of someone's pet being missing. I rang the police (on an 0845 number) they were brilliant and put me through to Highways Agency who sent someone to collect it and check for its owner.

do you mean he was on the grassy bit and not even on the road? and someone had run him over there? thats awful, though i suppose it could be he ran into the road someone was unable to avoid him and he died of shock once he got back onto the verge, iv also acidently run over (swerved but didnt avoid :( ) a rabbit before and as i dont like the thought of bunny being repeatedly run over even tho its dead already moved it onto the grass verge bit, could this be whats happened? rip baby bun x

This is a picture of the area I took a few months ago. There are three wildies in it all on the significant verge. The little one killed the other day was on the grass fringe so I believe it was deliberate. Unfortunately I do see a lot of animals killed on this road and have actually seen a car swerve to try and hit a tortoise.

DSCF1167R.jpg

Tonight a raccoon ran in front of our car but he got to the other side of the road safely :)

Its so sad that people would purposely hurt any animal.

Several years ago my brother was out with his teenage friends and one of the older ones was driving, he deliberately swerved to hit a cat, my brother was absolutely shocked and very upset when he got home. I have never got over hearing that story or that someone could do that to a defenseless creature it is incomprehensible to me! even now all these years later I still fill with hatred whenever I hear mention of his family and think of him! If I ever had the misfortune of ever meeting him again I would let him know what I thought of him!!

Back