• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

What cream can I use?

alio71

Mama Doe
Tabi managed to get her head stuck whilst she was in the garden the other day (offending item now removed) and she has a superficial graze round her neck. In herself she is absoloutely fine and the cut seems to be healing well. I just wondered whether there is a cream I can use to help with the healing process. So far I've just been bathing it and leaving it. Is that enough?

Thanks

If it's healing well then personally, I'd leave it alone. Just continue to bathe in salt water if it needs it but nature seems to be doing it's thing just fine! What did she get stuck in?

Wel I have 2 theories, one being that she got her head stuck in a bucket that the bottom had come out of or the other and more probable is that whilst out free ranging they had dug a large hole by the side of their enclosure. Where they had dug they had exposed the sharp edge of a slab and the mesh that is dug into the ground. I think she more than likely managed to get herself stuck in the hole which had lots of sharp edges when I looked and filled it in.:cry: Sadly I was at work and others in the household in charge of them! :evil:

Awww - poor thing. Still, no real harm done and at least she's on the mend. They do manage to get themselves into some real scrapes sometimes.

Back