• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny At Halloween Party

Minimallow

Wise Old Thumper
Ok well my son went to a Halloween Party tonight at the local restaurant. They had fun and games and a disco. The Disco guy is also a magician and yes you guessed it - a real bunny came out of the hat. I wasn't there as was working but hubby was and said the bunny was sat beside him right at the speakers etc. What is the law regarding this? Does anyone know?

I'd find out the name and contact information of the magician and I'd start asking him questions. You'd be better off emailing a local charity regarding the situation as well.

I'd find out the name and contact information of the magician and I'd start asking him questions. You'd be better off emailing a local charity regarding the situation as well.

Well i "know" who he is and i know it wont matter what i say as hes a bit thick. I'm just wondering if he's breaking any laws etc so i can report this.
The disco was around 2 hours long and the bun was in its carrier.

Well i "know" who he is and i know it wont matter what i say as hes a bit thick. I'm just wondering if he's breaking any laws etc so i can report this.
The disco was around 2 hours long and the bun was in its carrier.

In all fairness I'd regard this as animal cruelty and would report it to the RSPCA.

There was a thread not so long ago mentioning a similar situation - wonder if it the same person.

I know two years ago i posted about a similar thing but didn't get very far. Hopefully now with some law changes something will be done.

Well i phoned up and the person said they didn't know if there was anything wrong with it :shock: Im meant to be waiting for an local inspector to call back. I hope its not the same one i dealt with years ago. I complained on 3 occasions about a rabbit being neglected only to be met with a lot of rudeness from the inspector who told me that a 4 foot hutch that was one foot wide and one foot high was perfectly fine and in her opinion "fairly large compared to some petshop ones". Oh that was before i got a police visit to warn me off phoning them again or action would be taken against ME. :oops:
Bunny criminal.

Ridiculous. If that was me I would put a complaint in writing to RSPCA head office. But if I saw cruelty - which to me that is - then I would be contacing them, what else are you meant to do? How dare they victimise and intimidate someone that is concerned for animal welfare and being concsientious enough to do something about it. Grrr. (Angry on your behalf!!)

Ridiculous. If that was me I would put a complaint in writing to RSPCA head office. But if I saw cruelty - which to me that is - then I would be contacing them, what else are you meant to do? How dare they victimise and intimidate someone that is concerned for animal welfare and being concsientious enough to do something about it. Grrr. (Angry on your behalf!!)

I was very angry and did contact head office. I put in a formal complaint about the officer and about the police visit. After weeks of nothing i did get a call from head office who said "we have interviewed the inspector and she has told us that it wasn't her who called the police". I told the person on the end of the phone that oh yes it was her as the police told me. TBH even the police thought it was such a waste of their time - they stayed for around a minute then left. She said she would get back to me but never did. At that point in my life i had a lot going on and never pursued it further although i do wish i had have. When i phoned today about the party bun my stomach lurched when she asked for my name as i felt a bit :oops: wondering if there would be some sort of mark on my address for previous "felony" :roll:

OH just to say don't want people getting confused its the SSPCA not the RSPCA. I feel the RSPCA are so much better and more clued up about rabbit care than the SSPCA.

I was very angry and did contact head office. I put in a formal complaint about the officer and about the police visit. After weeks of nothing i did get a call from head office who said "we have interviewed the inspector and she has told us that it wasn't her who called the police". I told the person on the end of the phone that oh yes it was her as the police told me. TBH even the police thought it was such a waste of their time - they stayed for around a minute then left. She said she would get back to me but never did. At that point in my life i had a lot going on and never pursued it further although i do wish i had have. When i phoned today about the party bun my stomach lurched when she asked for my name as i felt a bit :oops: wondering if there would be some sort of mark on my address for previous "felony" :roll:

OH just to say don't want people getting confused its the SSPCA not the RSPCA. I feel the RSPCA are so much better and more clued up about rabbit care than the SSPCA.

Thats really bad. I am glad you have been able to contact them again. Oh right sorry I must have misread the SSPCA as RSPCA, sorry. I hope they do something this time, that is just awful for the poor bunny :cry: I hope you hear back soon - please keep us updated. Well done for doing something about it.

I will do. If i don't get a call back i'll try again tomorrow as working this afternoon until later this evening.

I wonder if its worthwhile sending an email to their head office about hutch sizes etc. I thought maybe they would be more likely to do it now the RSPCA guidelines are the 6 foot hutch with run attached?
I tried to look online for the SSPCA guidelines for hutches etc and doesn't seem to be anything on it :?

I remember the last time the inspector asked me if i had CCTV cameras on the OP's home 24 hours a day because i said the rabbits bottle was empty for 24 hours as i waited that long to ensure they weren't just about to fill it.
Even thinking back on it now makes me feel a bit upset. Especially as i had to keep walking past that way knowing it was there - that is until one day it just was gone.

Well no huge shock. NO return call from the SSPCA inspector. Maybe she'll just get the police to pay me an advance visit to save any messing around inbetween!

back in june i was looking for a childrens entertainer for my son and a few adverts advertised that they use live rabbits in their show. these adverts are in the yellow pages.......:roll: :?
obviously i didnt ring one of them or even bother ringing them! :)

back in june i was looking for a childrens entertainer for my son and a few adverts advertised that they use live rabbits in their show. these adverts are in the yellow pages.......:roll: :?
obviously i didnt ring one of them or even bother ringing them! :)

I'm assuming it must be allowed then :? It's the fact that the poor bun was stuck beside the booming disco for a couple hours that worried me the most :(

Back