• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Foldable dog-crates

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
Even if I don't move Spenser in for the winter, I'm thinking of getting a dog-crate for emergencies. I have a fear of dogs and the thought of buying anything dog-related makes me feel funny, but if it's the best thing for Spenser I will of course get one! My Dad thinks Spenser's Trixie pen could be set up in a reduced format, but it's not really designed for indoor use and I don't think it would be stable enough. Spenser is a very strong rabbit. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :wave:

I use a Trixie pen indoors for Castiel and Ruby who are very strong, and a large one for the trio. They have been fine :)

I use a Trixie pen indoors for Castiel and Ruby who are very strong, and a large one for the trio. They have been fine :)

Thanks, will definitely give it a go. I just had visions of coming down one morning to find Spenser with the panels collapsed on top of him. The grass is hopelessly soggy now so there is not much point in having the pen out - Spenser dislikes damp paws.

I have a similar pen that I've used in conjunction with a dog crate for Alfie and Bubbles before. :thumb: I'm sure the pen would be fine on its own too. I secured mine with cable ties (in addition to the little hook and peg thingies that slot into each other at the sides) just to make sure it wouldn't go anywhere.

A dog crate is handy (and very easy to store) but it seems silly to spend more if you can use what you already have. ;)

I have a similar pen that I've used in conjunction with a dog crate for Alfie and Bubbles before. :thumb: I'm sure the pen would be fine on its own too. I secured mine with cable ties (in addition to the little hook and peg thingies that slot into each other at the sides) just to make sure it wouldn't go anywhere.

A dog crate is handy (and very easy to store) but it seems silly to spend more if you can use what you already have. ;)

Yep, thanks - it would be silly to spend unnecessarily. If I could just persuade Spenser to use the very nice indoor toilet I have arranged for him staying in during very severe weather would be more of an option. :roll:

I love my dog crate :love::love::love:

It folds when not in use, has a solid tray in the bottom which is easily slid out for cleaning, is absolutely solid when up, and has a door in the long side and the short side.

You can often get them nearly new for a bargain price (mine was £5 from a car boot sale, as new)

I love my dog crate :love::love::love:

It folds when not in use, has a solid tray in the bottom which is easily slid out for cleaning, is absolutely solid when up, and has a door in the long side and the short side.

You can often get them nearly new for a bargain price (mine was £5 from a car boot sale, as new)

That was lucky. :D I will give the Trixie a go since I've got it, but the greater solidity of the dog crate appeals. It's just the dog thing, but that's me being silly! :oops: Spenser was in a dog crate when I went to first view and then collect him.

I can see what you mean. I find our dog crate very sturdy which means I can put loads of supplies on top :oops:The Trixie runs are good though and we have used them in the past for bonding, the only thing I'd be concerned about is if bunny is a climber.

I bought a 48" dog crate from ebay for £36 delivered. Its massive and i'm super happy with it. I've even kitted it out a little. If i can find pics i'll post them.
I'd definately reccomend them.:D

dont know if she still has but a while back (i bought one) jacks jane had some dog crates for sale and hers were previously used for bunnys so this may overcome the dog issue?

Back