• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

will a shed be warm enough in winter

Normally our rabbits stay in their hutch up against the house in the winter with no problems of frozen water bottles but it does mean the are severely restricted as they can only be let out to run around the garden when the weather isn't bad. This year we've brought a shed so they can have more space BUT it seemed very cold in there the other morning after our first autumn frost. I suppose they will be able to run around and we can put in more straw/hay. Any thoughts?
Also any tips for getting them back in the shed on nice days when they've had the run of the garden, at the moment we are able to gently herd them towards the hutch and they jump in.

Tips for getting them back - Feed them:lol:
Thats how i get my rabbits in every day, they get used to feeding time:)
They will be fine in the shed, as long as they have somewhere cosey to cuddle up in, i have hutches in mine (with the door open)plenty of straw and hay and also use snugglesafes when it is really cold.

My lot have a shed with run attached and even when its icey outsid ethey choose to sit out in the run :shock: Its only really the rain the drives them back in.

I find rattling their pellets bowl works great for getting them back in

Back