• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone know anything about chickens?

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
I'm looking after my friends 3.

1 Do they mind getting wet?
2 Is it ok that they are running around in muck and puddles? :shock:

Hi

We have 9 chickens :D They dont mind the wet and will paddle around in puddles. Make sure they have somewhere they can keep warm and shelter in though it they want to though.

When my hens were free ranging they would take shelter in bushes, but never go inside their shed :roll:
They'll be fine so long as they have somewhere sheltered they can choose to go if they want to.

It's fine for them to be running around in muck and puddles, obviously it's not as nice as a lovely sunny day for them so they probably won't be very happy, but they'll be fine health-wise.

Thanks folks! They have an eglu inside their enclosure and the run of the eglu with a little shelter over it. I am just used to fussing and fluffing over bunnies - I guess chickens are different!! :oops:

Chicken George!

familyalbum2011.jpg

Sorry!! Rewind there, something just dawned in my tiny mind...... never thought of this before ......

Chicken George - boy or girl, cause he looks like a she!!

Sorry!! Rewind there, something just dawned in my tiny mind...... never thought of this before ......

Chicken George - boy or girl, cause he looks like a she!!

Girl - he's a chicken, not a cockerel :lol:

She/he was named after a character in a TV show called roots that my mum used to watch.

I have the book of 'Roots'. It makes me cry for days!

It's not about chickens though. lol.

Girl - he's a chicken, not a cockerel :lol:

She/he was named after a character in a TV show called roots that my mum used to watch.

Your family sounds as mad as mine!!

When I left mum and dads house, mum had put a fluffy had on my 84 yo dad to try and remember what he looked like with hair. Dad decided to play air guitar and sing - some Elvis song or other!!

Chicken George - funny!

Back