• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

a good accident

breeze

Mama Doe
had hypo and honey in runs yesterday in the garden next to each other and they were grooming each other through the bars :love: after watching them for abit i thought id let them meet see how they got on and there was instant love.:love: honey put her head down for hypo groom her.there was a small amount of humping but nothing major.put them both back in there hutchs for the night.brought them into the outhouse today see if things were the same and they were.:) after all afternoon together with no fighting i thought id try them in the hutch which had been scrubbed totaly and they shared supper :)
is all a good sign?do i take honey out tonight or leave them?they are both lying down at the minute?
IMG00493-20101029-1909.jpg

IMG00495-20101029-1933.jpg

IMG00499-20101029-1934.jpg

How lovely they have hit it off so well.

I have no experience of a successful bond but I know people usually advise leaving together but keeping them in sight at all times.

i would leave together if you can indoors somewhere you can watch them jsut in case a fight breaks out ( i assume both are neutered already?)

Ooh yes both neutered!they stilll look happy enough.hope nothing goes wrong.seems be going too well for my luck lol

Ooh yes both neutered!they stilll look happy enough.hope nothing goes wrong.seems be going too well for my luck lol

well thinking of you im sure it will go alright some bunnies do have an instant love bond, dora and arthur did, they accidentally bonded themselves and have been loved up ever since, he wasnt at the time neutered but dora thankfully was so no babies (phew) but we got him done asap and dora looked after him all through his op aww think it just depends on the bunny , i often think bunnies that bond themseleves or chose their own partners have a stronger bond quicker than those "picked for them"

Back