• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Messy rabbits

Hi,

I have 2 rabbits a Lion head lop called Splash (1 year 5 months) and a Netherland called Malibu (2 years old), the problem is they are litter trained however since Splash got spayed (last December) she has been having phantom pregnancies and nesting and over the past 3-4 months she has started ripping up her newspaper under her straw and also emptying the contents out of her litter tray but still using her litter tray so we're having to change it as soon as we notice. Mainly because we're all out at work from 9am-5pm each day both rabbits have a lot to do in their hutches to prevent bordem.

Has anyone else had the same problem and if so how can I solve it?

Thanks

naughty bunnys :lol: im afraid bunnys can be messy :) my poppy always rips up her newpaper chucks the litter tray across the run (after she has pooped in it :? some rabbits are just destructive :lol: have you tried filling toilets rolls with hay and veg so she has something else to do, or apple sticks? have they got enough room to run around i.e how big is the hutch? maybe some fun tunnels? or sprinkling some yummy treats into some hay so they have to forage it? just keeping her mind off it really i find it works with poppy.. for a while :lol:

Last edited:
sounds like boredome to me do they have attatched runs as rabbits need severalhours a day running around. x

my two young female rabbits are so messy! in the mornings me and my brother have to go to school, but it takes about 15 minutes to feed our two rabbits, smudge and toffee, because they are so messy. :?

I think the problem that ashleighsmalibu is having is universal. I have got four rabbits. I go to school at 10 in the morning and will be back by 5. When I reach home their cage will be a mess. It will take me an hour to clean the entire thing. But still I love them with all my heart.

Last edited:
Back