• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 questions...

Jay&Kirsty

Young Bun
1) Weetabix, how 'ok' are these and how much could you give to 2 wabbits and how often.

2) Chewy was neutered February this year, Gracie was spayed August this year, yet Chewy at times still pesters the life out of her. She generally just moves away everytime he advances and has never ever got angry, dont think she has the ability to get angry!!

He is about 14 months old she is 9 months old, both minilops. Will he grow out of this?

Would have thought after the snip he would have stopped this by now.

:wave:

Not sure about weetabix but shredded wheat is okay :)

Bunnies still hump each other for dominance and if it's not too much too often I wouldn't worry. They may grow out of it but it's hard to tell, so I would keep an eye on them and watch for clumps of fur being pulled out which would signify a bit of a fight.

Hopefully someone will be along soon with more advice. :)

Sometimes she gets a thin patch on the back of her neck where I guess he is giving her a hicky :oops: but never BIG clumps of hair and they never get aggressive towards each other.....she has the patience of a saint

Sometimes she gets a thin patch on the back of her neck where I guess he is giving her a hicky :oops: but never BIG clumps of hair and they never get aggressive towards each other.....she has the patience of a saint

That is probably where he is biting her fur to hold her wihilst he tries to hump her!:roll: Hopefully some more experience folks will advise on behavious or you could repost & link to the Behaviou & bonding section....:)

Not sure about weetabix but shredded wheat is okay :)

Bunnies still hump each other for dominance and if it's not too much too often I wouldn't worry. They may grow out of it but it's hard to tell, so I would keep an eye on them and watch for clumps of fur being pulled out which would signify a bit of a fight.

Hopefully someone will be along soon with more advice. :)

Im not sure if any cereals are good for bunnies.....I know people do sometimes give them...but Ive never seen a rabbit help themsleves to ceral in a field before!:lol:

Seriousl:Dy though - why is shredded wheat ok? Does it not have sugars etc in?

That is probably where he is biting her fur to hold her wihilst he tries to hump her!:roll: Hopefully some more experience folks will advise on behavious or you could repost & link to the Behaviou & bonding section....:)

Fiesty little rascal! Id get wrong for such things!

Im not sure if any cereals are good for bunnies.....I know people do sometimes give them...but Ive never seen a rabbit help themsleves to ceral in a field before!:lol:

Seriousl:Dy though - why is shredded wheat ok? Does it not have sugars etc in?

Is there any sugar in shredded wheat or weetabix? You wouldnt think so consindering how bland it tastes ha!

My two are well bonded and have "humping matches" They never get aggressive. And it lasts about 2 mins lol.

I wouldnt worry as long as theres no aggression :)

Weetabix has added sugar and salt, but shredded wheat is 100% wheat.

I'd say weetabix is a definate no because of whats added, and shredded wheat only as an occasional treat as it can swell in the gut once its moist.

Back