• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Herb Companion article on herb treatment for rabbits

chelle

Warren Veteran
Hi all - just read this article on "Herb Companion" & was interesting to see some specific hersb mentioned to help Rabbits with Immunity, head tilt, arthiritis etc - Im thinking of now adding echinacea to my herb list....sounds good to me...have a read & let me know what you all think....:)

http://www.herbcompanion.com/pets/Pet-corner-Herbal-remedies-for-rabbits-26.aspx

Randy Kidd holds doctorates in veterinary medicine and veterinary and clinical pathology. After practicing traditional veterinary medicine for ten years, he opened Honoring the Animals, a holistic practice in Kansas City, Missouri.

Information provided in “Pet corner” is not intended to replace the advice of a qualified veterinarian.

Very interesting reading. I also believe in complimentary treatment by natural herbs and have been reading up on quite a few different ones. Obviously this is as well as their usual treatments. I have used echinechia with good results for Merlin's boughts of snuffles, chamomile which Frankie loved when he had a lower respiratory infection, immune system boosting plantain. Parsley is supposed to be good as well.

Chelle you may be interested that we have just had an astounding success by allowing Thumper to select the plants he wanted from those I knew wild rabbits ate.The thread is on health now.
Bunnies will select which plants they need naturally.

hurricanhoney
Forum Buddy

Very interesting reading. I also believe in complimentary treatment by natural herbs and have been reading up on quite a few different ones. Obviously this is as well as their usual treatments. I have used echinechia with good results for Merlin's boughts of snuffles, chamomile which Frankie loved when he had a lower respiratory infection, immune system boosting plantain. Parsley is supposed to be good as well.

well thats wonderful - I will make a list I think of what plants can possibly help with differnt needs....Its great to know that you have had such great results...Im going to make a note of what youve mentioned - you never know I may need to add the above if they got any of the symptons etc that youve mentioned...thanks for that!:D

Chelle you may be interested that we have just had an astounding success by allowing Thumper to select the plants he wanted from those I knew wild rabbits ate.The thread is on health now.
Bunnies will select which plants they need naturally.

oooh wonderful Thumps is our little teacher - sonassive noserubs little guy! and to you for being able to give him the choice of wild buns diet - I'll have a read...I think a choice is whats important - as you say in the wild they will eat what they need to balance their systems etc - like we would....so being able to give them that choice is what Im striving to do.....thanks so much!:D

Back