• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vets...

abi2047

Mama Doe
I just rang up Grange Farm Hospital which is part of the Orwell Vetinary Group and it costs £21.50 for a check-up! Is this the right price because to me it sounds quite expensive?

I have my rabbits vet checked every 2 weeks and on top of that i have them at the vets if i suspect if they are ill. All of my health checks at vets 4 pets are free:D Puts my mind at rest too when i think they need a check up and its even better that its free!

I have my rabbits vet checked every 2 weeks and on top of that i have them at the vets if i suspect if they are ill. All of my health checks at vets 4 pets are free:D Puts my mind at rest too when i think they need a check up and its even better that its free!

How come you get yours for free? :D

I take my pets about twice a year for nail clipping, vaccinations and they do health checks for free too. It's just a standard service they do.

The vets did mention on the phone about a free nurses check, but they said this isn't a full health check. Apparently it is just a quick check.

The vets did mention on the phone about a free nurses check, but they said this isn't a full health check. Apparently it is just a quick check.

This maybe what mine get then. Wonder what the difference is? The vet does the checks tho.

These are the best vets in the area. What you are paying for is effectively one appointment. You could have a free health check with the nurse, or you could book him in for a vaccination because the health check will come hand in hand with that. Also remember what I said about getting a discount with 'recommend a friend' you can say that 'Tracy with all the rabbits' suggested you go there. They will know who I am. That would make your check up cheaper.

These are the best vets in the area. What you are paying for is effectively one appointment. You could have a free health check with the nurse, or you could book him in for a vaccination because the health check will come hand in hand with that. Also remember what I said about getting a discount with 'recommend a friend' you can say that 'Tracy with all the rabbits' suggested you go there. They will know who I am. That would make your check up cheaper.

On the website it has 4 different places to contact; Grange Farm Hospital (the one i rang), Berners Street Surgery, Stutton Surgery or Perfect Petcare. Does it matter which one I go to? I also forgot to mention the discount but when I book in for the appointment I will mention this and you. I don't know how to go about the vaccinations because I don't know if he has had any as the woman I got him off didn't give me a card. :?

between £10.50 and £14.50 depending on what they do i suppose lol.

not sure why its cheaper sometimes. I think its £10.50 for a follow up consultation or 2nd consultation and £14.50 for an initial consultation o_O

I'm not complaining :)

On the website it has 4 different places to contact; Grange Farm Hospital (the one i rang), Berners Street Surgery, Stutton Surgery or Perfect Petcare. Does it matter which one I go to? I also forgot to mention the discount but when I book in for the appointment I will mention this and you. I don't know how to go about the vaccinations because I don't know if he has had any as the woman I got him off didn't give me a card. :?

They all have the same staff and are run by the same people. the Hospital has the best facilities and that's where they go for any operation. They also have the biggest selection of meds and things there. That's where I tend to go unless I'm taking a bunny who can't travel.

You could book in a vaccination (the first one being myxomatosis) and then discuss it with the vet while you're there and you can decide whether to let him have it or not. It would save a journey and a cost. the myxomatosis one needs to be given roughly every 6 months so given you've had him since June, that's a fair break anyway.

I just rang up Grange Farm Hospital which is part of the Orwell Vetinary Group and it costs £21.50 for a check-up! Is this the right price because to me it sounds quite expensive?

Thats what i pay for a consultation, then whatever needs doing on top. xxx

Back