• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor toilet area! BETTER PHOTO ADDED

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
Have set up this in the conservatory. Spenser likes his indoor playtime, but it is limited partly because he simply will not poo/pee anywhere but the bedroom of his hutch. I've put some of last night's production in the straw/hay filled box. Unfortunately Spenser did not want to be in the photo as he was having a flop under the couch.

PA290374.jpg

Last edited:
Not yet! I've got some better pictures though - ie. with Spenser himself featuring. Going to download them now. :wave:

Let me know if it works. I have tried putting Lottos litter tray in my sons room because when he is out he only goes to the loo in there. That didn't work though he did it next to it, so now I put down old duvet covers folded over and wash them each day. :roll:

I think he will learn to love that!! I'm tempted to say if he's gotta go to the loo then he'll go esp if he can smell some that he's done before, but I'm no expert - perhaps a thread asking some more experienced bunny folk??

I think he will learn to love that!! I'm tempted to say if he's gotta go to the loo then he'll go esp if he can smell some that he's done before, but I'm no expert - perhaps a thread asking some more experienced bunny folk??

Yes, but I'm not sure whether it is a 'rabbit health' or 'rabbit housing' matter. He really can hold it in for ages, and I am going out at 1.45pm.

Yes, but I'm not sure whether it is a 'rabbit health' or 'rabbit housing' matter. He really can hold it in for ages, and I am going out at 1.45pm.

Not a clue!! Sorry!! If I was forced to guess, and it's only a guess, I'd say he'll go when he needs to go but, don't take my word for it - I really don't know !!:oops:

I want that blanket!!!!!!

Looks a great area for him :)

yes, I'd say put some soiled hay from his bedroom where you want him to toilet indoors, and hopefully he'll suss it out :)

The blanket came from AU Naturale about 3 Christmasses ago. Our branch has turned into a B&M store.

Still no toilet update, but he has had a sniff and been in the box. Not even curly kale is luring him into the carrier. It looks like I will struggle to get him back in the hutch before my tutoring, never mind going out to see Mr McFlurry in half an hour... :roll::roll:

Back