• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes please for Betsy - eye removal. UD 27/1/2011

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
Poor Betsy is at the vets today to have her right eye removed because it's started to bulge out. We think it's most likely an abscess, but could also be a tumour.

She seems fine in herself, and was even humping her husbun Colin this morning...so I'm hopeful that she's got a fighting chance. Please keep your fingers crossed for this beautiful girly

M_13.jpg

Last edited:
Will be thinking of beautiful Betsy all day and sending loads of vibes.

Let us know how it goes xx

I used to have a one eyed rabbit, it was removed because of a tumor, and it didn't hold him back! Good luck Betsy! xx

Thinking of you and sending you loads of positive vibes. I had to go through this with 1 of my buns aswell. Hope all goes well x

Good luck Betsy!! My Joe is blind in one eye due to an abscess he had behind it and apart from very occasionally bumping into things you would never guess, in fact sometimes i forget which eye it is that he can't see out of :oops: he hops and binkies like there was no tomorrow, so lets hope beautiful Betsy is back to her old self in no time :love:

Superb news :D

She'll be back on her feet in no time and up to her usual tricks.

I had a dalmation dutch a few years ago who had a stroke one night. A few days after a visit to the vet (who wanted to put him to sleep :evil: ) he was up and bounding around with his left ear lopping and his right ear perked right up.

He was a bit of a psychopath afterwards though. He used to chase our labrador round the garden and he once cornered next door's cat in his hutch - the cat started a fight but couldn't finish it and ended up losing it's left eye to Duke :shock:

Back