• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So... you're not a dead moth

PixieRabbit

Mama Doe
You're in fact something a lot nicer!

When moving into the house I think a month or two later we found what looked like a dead moth above my house mates door. We kept debating moving them, but just didn't have the heart -cough- guts -cough- to touch it; despite me being able to move spiders as big as my hand :lol:

Just tonight my house mate has posted this image.

73149_1684246303681_1163327980_31853805_1965908_n.jpg

Now what do we do? The weather right now would kill the beautiful creature but we cant have a butterfly on our wall forever surely it'll die either way :?:?:?

S/He is a Small Tortoiseshell butterfly and apparently moved up North due to the weather being warmer down south! :shock: It's bloody freezin :oops:

Awwwhh! Pretty! :love:

Do you mind it staying in the house? There's a butterfly place over here and they put out banana's (of the squishy brown kind) and sugary water for them to eat.

I'm not sure what a butterflies lifespan is but I don't think it's very long. :(

*GAG* I can't stand butterflies, I'm so scared of them (and moths!)

Doesn't mean I want them to be killed though...

I would have to swap rooms with someone if that was in my room though!

Awww very pretty! I'm a bit of a hypocrite really, I love butterflies but I cannot abide moths.

It's something about the way moths move, that they're attracted to light and all you can hear when they're in your house is them bashing themselves against lightbulbs *shiver* and I've had a couple land on me when I've been in bed before.... creepy!

*GAG* I can't stand butterflies, I'm so scared of them (and moths!)

Doesn't mean I want them to be killed though...

I would have to swap rooms with someone if that was in my room though!

One of my work friends is terrified of moths and butterflies... and he's a guy. And he's huge. :lol::lol::lol:

I like to see them as I think they're ever so pretty, but I hate it when they flap around your face. I think it's because they're so haphazard about it - thy just seem to flap all over the blimmin' place! :lol:

:lol: I'm gonna get my house mate to put a plate of banana out for her. I may lure her in to the bathroom. Because the window is always open so if she leaves, she leaves of her own free will, and can always return. I think there's another one in my bedroom. I never wanted to touch them because I figured it was a bit off. I mean how can a dead moth hang to a wall? :?

Back