• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Floor covering?

Indy

Warren Scout
Indy has had a very thin layer of shavings with hay on top in his hutch at the moment... I only bought the shavings as thats what he was on at the breeders and i wanted to keep it fairly similar...

He's not been eating much hay, he has one type in a hay rack which he hasnt touched and will eat the bedding hay if its not mixed with the shavings... Just wondering if i could just bed him on just hay? Cost is no prob as he seems to prefer the hay that the horse has anyway so theres plenty going... He has a PVC coated floor and has started to get the idea of litter training. Was thinking of getting a bale of Aubiose and trying that but would like him to eat as much hay as poss really!

:)

Indy has had a very thin layer of shavings with hay on top in his hutch at the moment... I only bought the shavings as thats what he was on at the breeders and i wanted to keep it fairly similar...

He's not been eating much hay, he has one type in a hay rack which he hasnt touched and will eat the bedding hay if its not mixed with the shavings... Just wondering if i could just bed him on just hay? Cost is no prob as he seems to prefer the hay that the horse has anyway so theres plenty going... He has a PVC coated floor and has started to get the idea of litter training. Was thinking of getting a bale of Aubiose and trying that but would like him to eat as much hay as poss really!

:)

I find that mine like the long, coarse, more yellowy hay :roll: If he is litter trained then I cant see a prob in just bedding in hay (or straw coming into the winter - lots and lots of it!!) Let him eat whatever hay he will take - any kind of hay is better than none!! Try him on Timothy hay if he likes the coarser stuff.

Back